Challenge #500 (11/1/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #500 for 11 January 2013 is: Adventure

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 9pm EST, Monday 14 January 2013.

Ooo, challenge 500

Well we finally reach it but theeth isn’t our opener.
who think’s he has died?

EDIT: as for the challenge, you’ve given me a few, probably some old, but pertinent none the less, ideas.
one of which may push me through a current standstill. :smiley:

So this is actually #510

actually a little more if you count the ‘unofficial’ ones I did. I suspect Martin has abandon the WC. Can’t say I fault him, since he has been running this contest ( and forum ) for years. His efforts here are greatly appreciated. Back in the day, he was also the main helper in the help forums, and most of what I know about blender, I attribute to him, and S68 patiently answering my own questions. At the time there was very little documentation on anything relating to blender.

Here is my entry for this contest:

“Just Another MC Adventure…”

Pure entry

Pure Blender 2.65
“Adventurer”
I think I’m going to work on it a bit more when I have time, but this will do for now. The message gets across I hope.

Attachments

Hi here’s my entry. Blender and some minor post-processing in GIMP.

Attachments

Here is my non-competing entry:

Q E D

(direct link)

RobertT

Pure Blender 2.63The Adventure Beginshttp://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=43584Link: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=43584

@xy.exe: Woah. That is really well made. Where did you get the map and compass textures? They look really authentic.

Great job, xy.exe on your compass.

I wonder why my image is shown twice (The first is my entry).

That looks very good,

@homeworkbad
Thanks. I got the textures of wiki. Fortunately there licenses are expired.
@jrossjr
Thanks.
@CopperA
Thanks.

Here my entry: antventure

i don’t know if it’s to be considered open entry as the grass leafes are imported from another file to speed up(and obviously was the thing that give me more problem…)

Adventurer

Hey, here is my entry. Pure Blender 2.65, rendered in cycles.

Whoa! Awesome work Jeepster.

“Urban Adventure”

Unfortunately, didn’t have much time to work on this.