Challenge #532 (08/23/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #532 for August 23 2013 is: Antique

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday August 26 2013.

The Wii… it’s an antique!:yes:
(No offense to any Wii owners. I also own a Wii.)

Old radio and Phonograph
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255328[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Goggles

Pure, rendered in cycles

Rendered in cycles, post-processing was done in Photoshop.
For super-high resolution, go to http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Ancient-PC-running-Blender-1-6-395779456

@ComputerWhiz
Nicely done! You got all the details right.
It’s perfectly fine to submit earlier work, but I think your supposed to mark it as an open entry

My (pure) entry for this weekend’s contest:
“LED-Throwies checking out their antique ancestor :-)”

Keep the old stuff coming :slight_smile:

Definitively not a mobile phone.

Pure entry rendered with Blender Internal. Wood texture from CGTextures.

I really wish I was better at materials and lighting. All my stuff looks good UNTIL then. Then, it looks childish. Argh.

don’t feel bad, I still can’t use cycles materials worth a damn.

You and me both. Most of the materials I use are from blend swap. Thinking maybe I can figure out HOW they did something…Nope. Makes me more confused. lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

An Old Observatory, stuck in the snow. Sort of Antique-ish.

Ancient PC running Blender 1.6
Rendered in cycles, post-processing was done in Photoshop.
For super-high resolution, go to http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/A…-1-6-395779456

Very good job, it looks just like an old computer!
Just I think it looks weird without a mouse-pad, and the power-cords aren’t visible at the back. .

Hey guys! I am brand new to this forum and this is my first post! Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

Hey guys! This is my first entry into a competition. Tell me what you think :slight_smile:
Marcellino

I think your objects and materials are looking great. Maybe a simple two or three lights setup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-point_lighting) would bring this out a little better. You could try adding some slightly orange light in the front (might help to set a warm, antique mood) and some blueish light in the back (to bring out the edges). This can be a lot of fun with cycles’ live render view.

I used to do my 3d stuff using an 10 years old C4D version, but didn’t have time to do any 3d projects over the last years. A few month ago I decided to give 3d graphics another try and installed blender. What can I say? Its still a little confusing, but the fun is back :slight_smile: And using cycles and its way to light things up, has a big part in that!

One last thing: the scene may look more ‘finished’, if you make your floor plane fill up the complete image. Right now it seems to float before the gray background. (I’m having a little trouble to describe this / find the right words here :slight_smile:

Honestly i told myself i would not look up what the name of this thing is and i always wanted to call it a Sousaphone… But it’s a phonograph… right? lol. I may have never seen one, but they are beautiful :slight_smile:

Pure Entry, Blender internal cause i havn’t spent 5+ minutes in cycles :slight_smile:

Razc: Phonograph, Gramophone. Same thing. One is the Brand, one is the generic term, and they looked different through the years.

Helge, thank you. I did that last night and updated…Well, at least a room…no three point lighting yet…I keep adding as more ideas come into my head.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Time Past

RobertT