Challenge #540 (10/18/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #540 for October 18 2013 is: Monochrome

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday October 21 2013.

This is my take on a zebra, a rather monochromatic animal.

It is a pure entry. this is not an image texture, but rather a model. All of the black stripes are mesh planes slightly over one solid white mesh plane. I added my name on the bottom corner using Gimp.

pure entry , 300 samples , cycles , simple one
good luck everyone
inspired by many artists :slight_smile: who work with lights and shadows :slight_smile:

Pure Entry. Rendered in cycles with 500 samples. And some final touches in the compositor. I’m not very good at drawing but I tried to draw the Blender logo on the wall :smiley:
Hope you like it!

Good Luck Everyone!!:smiley:

My take on a pic I found on Google.

Tough challenge this week.

I tried a couple different approaches with color monochrome but nothing worked out. I almost gave up but sat down with my sketch pad while watching the Saturday night baseball game and came up with this picture. I wanted to play a bit with perspective. Couldn’t get the lighting to resemble the image in my imagination so I had to settle for a close as I could get.

Pure entry. Models from scratch, textures are just random images from Bing image search. Rendered in Cycles 1000 cycles.

Lonely Swing
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/4245/lesv.png

Some really good stuff this week. Good luck to all.

Asteroids.
I had very little spare time this weekend, so just a quick render to enter the Challenge. It intended to be a 3D rendition of the retro arcade game “Asteroids” played, of course, on a monochrome monitor.

Pure entry.

Good luck to everyone.

Pure entry, rendered in cycles

Monochrome doesn’t have to be black & white, right?

Anyway, here’s my entry. Cycles @ not nearly enough samples.

The jar is based on an earlier model I made, which makes this an open entry.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Hotspring

RobertT