Challenge #625 (11/6/15) Entries CLOSED

man, haven’t done this in a while so im rusty, here’s my entry; “ill omen”

blender, pure, 2000 cycles.

let me know what you think.

P
ure Entry-“Sea Storm”

nice fence and good textures. could probably add some grass and work a bit more on the over all lighting, the scene looks kinda like a game rather than CG :slight_smile:

overall good though.

Pure Entry “Sea Storm”

the ground is a grass texture, i had used a mask to make rock poke out where the ground was elevated, but even with the scene saved, when i reopened the scene to render before leaving for the day… blender decided it would be a good idea to delete the texture. with a long rendering time due to the clouds i didn’t want to risk not making the deadline (not sure exactly when it is, i’m surprised its still open tbh) and redo the render.

also yes, i mostly do video game assets so my stuff does tend to do have that look… :S as for the lighting, can you be more specific? i added a small backlight, and the moon is the main light, i figured i placed them where i think the light should come from but since i mostly generate assets i’m not the best at setting up these scenes.

more spesific about the light… well, its hard to point out, cause i dont see anything missing.
maybe its just because the scene is too empty, thats why i never go for buildings, cause its a lot of work to add enough objects around it.

i also think the lightning throws it off a bit, since a lightning bolt would light up the scene a LOT… but the scene is really dark.

winterlaw also added a bit of light to it.

i think that a lightning stuck of that size would light up the scene a lot, and also light up the sky.

ok, i see what you mean, in my mind the lightning was further away so i didn’t want to exaggerate the light too much, ill have to keep that in mind next time, thanks.

if it was that far away then u would see more of a flash rather than the struck.