Challenge #745 Voting CLOSED

Congratulations on the win, HIST0R!
I forgot to vote, otherwise I would g60 give mine. It deserves at least one vote!

Thank you Millani for the feedback. I had a lot of problems with dust particles. In the end I ended up with particle system and not the plain with texture and as i use particles rather rarely it was adventure for me :smiley:

DoF is another thing that i couldn’t get right, I think that focus is on the sun and as it shines bright you cant really see.

That was my second entry in Weekend Challenge and i learned a lot. Two steps closer to modeling my dream car McLaren P1 :smiley:

Last thing… because of your entry, I can’t get rid of that song from my mind :smiley: singsyou spin me right round

rather rarelyrather rarelyrather rather rarelyrather rarely

@HIST0R well done on winning this one, nice attention to detail - especially the webs. That red box still reminds me of a companion cube :slight_smile:

Good to see there are a few other web programmers here, I did my course in C# for web but ended up transposing that to PHP and basic JS and just using that.

I think I am growing accustomed to never getting votes :slight_smile: - @Millani, thanks for the feedback - I didn’t have as much time this weekend. I tried to make the treads like rubber and the wheels metal, the body I have no idea. The blue section and background got the least amount of time.

Hello Millani, thanks for your comment. I’ve done the render on Friday and wanted to improve it during the weekend, but had no time. On Sunday I’ve seen mirek_snd’s work, but I decided I to upload mine work anyway, so we’ve just came up with similar idea :slight_smile: Whole concept was to make my scene as simple as possible, and create mood mostly with ligtning, so simplicity was on purpose. That sounds funny indeed. I’ve wanted the bright light to be in opposite of the top for contrast. I think the scene would look empty then, so instead I’ve made a rim light so the top would stand out more. My English isn’t perfect so I hope You’ll understand everything i wrote :slight_smile:

Congratulation HISTOR!
And Robproctor83, I don’t know if I should be happy or sorry for your (cursed) 2’nd place… so both I guess :wink:
At least it’s a better curse than my last-minute one :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much for the feedback! Hopefully I’ll break free from my curse and make it in time for a change.

Thanks for going through all those entries again. Who would have thought, that the 10000 character limit would start to become a problem… I’m having the same problem because lately, the start post of the voting threads becomes too long. (I wanted to add links to every entry thread post - but with 30+ entries, so far, I haven’t found a way to stay below the limit.)

And thanks for the review. You are right about the noise. In the end I had to decide: no noise or not materials on the little guy. :slight_smile: (I’ll re-render the image if I find the time.)

@Millani Thanks again for taking the time to write about the submissions. I really enjoy reading your thoughts about each. The lure is called a spinnerbait. The two metal parts near the top of the lure spin. I probably should have used some motion blur to make that more obvious but I ran out of time.

@HISTOR Congrats! I loved your submission.

@Millani yea like everyone has said, thank you for taking the time to critique all our work, very much appreciated.

And yea Histor your entry was very good, hope to see more from you.

PS… Anxiously awaiting the next theme :slight_smile:

Part of the fun of doing these is to see what 3d artists can do in just a few days AND THEN read @Millani’s critique. My image suffered from learning curves: liquid in a glass bowl, marble on counter top, powder on a surface. It was difficult to get all of them right and I could see the competition was fierce. (At least I got an almost-vote from @RayVelcoro :wink: Really nice entries this week.

Thank you all!

Next theme is not easy but very interesting I think.
I wish the best for you all, especially @robproctor83. It is your time mate!

Congrats on the win, HISTOR, nice looking entry you’ve got there.

Thanks, Millani, for the constructive comments, they’re always very much appreciated. As to the length of the legs, they were purely decided by the reference image I was using, it was of the spinning wheel from the recent Disney film Maeficent. But you are right, most spinning wheels do appear to have legs of different lengths, and most have four legs whereas my one has only three. Why this design of wheel was used in the film I do not know, but I thought it look cool so went for it and tried to do copycat version.