Challenge #748 Voting CLOSED

Hope the next theme better will be halloween related.

I hope not, that means I will have wasted a blender-o-lantern and would need to come up with something else. LOL

Cool, didn’t know. Funny that you mention it, since I’m studying physics at the moment :p. Maybe I’ll get to quantum physics in a couple of years…

Don’t worry. “Halloween” has already been used as a theme a few weekends ago (Weekend Challenge #405) … about 7 years … :wink: I was surprised to see that, so far, this theme had been used only once. (Nice entry Robert!)

@Millani: Thank you! I’m glad you like it. Maybe I can make this into a new theory… if nothing else works out - make a chameleon! You just can’t go wrong with that. However, if I remember correctly, my earlier prediction (“penguin entries will always win”) wasn’t correct under all circumstances…

And btw.: It’s awesome that you used python to create your entry. (The Sierpinski triangle image is great, too.) I don’t think I could have pulled that off in time. :slight_smile:
(And of course: thanks a ton for taking the time to comment on all those entries! Always a pleasure to read through these megaposts!)

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 748 with 31.48% of the votes is… purbosky!
Here’s to all the great participators…

GrimZA : 0 : 0%
RayVelcoro : 5 : 9.26%
Raghav Iyer : 1 : 1.85%
DM9 : 11 : 20.37%
fcharr : 0 : 0%
Lux : 0 : 0%
Roken : 0 : 0%
beau11 : 4 : 7.41%
didierv : 0 : 0%
Millani : 1 : 1.85%
mirek_snd : 0 : 0%
fdo : 1 : 1.85%
BladeManEXE : 0 : 0%
FlyingBanana : 0 : 0%
PyBlend : 0 : 0%
JerryGraphikos : 1 : 1.85%
franck : 0 : 0%
robproctor83 : 4 : 7.41%
DERBENDER : 3 : 5.56%
joshwinkler3d : 0 : 0%
bazevedo : 1 : 1.85%
Photox : 2 : 3.7%
caz747 : 0 : 0%
Miatpi : 0 : 0%
str11 : 0 : 0%
Bunnyhog27 : 0 : 0%
dudecon : 0 : 0%
purbosky : 17 : 31.48%
Arethyu : 3 : 5.56%

https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=502515&thumb=1
Nine

Congrats purbosky!

Congrats purbosky! I didn’t want to jinx it but I kind of figured this was going to be the winner. Great job!

@Millani Thanks for your feedback, I kind of see what you mean be reversed sunset. It’s interesting how what you see is essentially an inversion of what I’m seeing :slight_smile:

@purbosky Well done on winning this, a well executed entry.

purbosky, nicely done. Congrats!

Thank you all, also congrats to all participants!

@Millani: thanks for the comments! I wasn’t aiming specifically for a painterly style tbh, just trying to get something like a photo of a plant in front of a glowing sunlight, but I think that might work too! Btw, the title is somewhat lame, couldn’t get a more decent one, lol.

@Miatpi: hope the next theme will kinda fit your wish! :eyebrowlift:

Yay, Critiques. The comments on the entries are always interesting to read. With all the different perspectives on each piece, they are a gold mine for future projects.

@Millani: Yes, I did use adaptive subsurface, but with a dicing ratio of 2px, to spare my PC, I found out afterwards that with displacement set to both, it hides the jagged edges. Oh well, next time. :slight_smile:

Congrats Purbosky!

Congrats purbosky and thanks for all the votes, party people. :smiley:

Wow, those were much simpler times: Just 4 entries.

Thanks! (though I think “great” is an exaggeration). With the bmesh module you can create meshes by listing all faces and the coordinates of all vertices. If you know your way around geometry, coordinate systems and trigonometry, you can do some pretty cool stuff.

Glad to know you enjoy it! Not all artists take very kindly to feedback…

Almost 10% of the voting came my way, moving up! :slight_smile: Thx guys! also big thanks for your kind words Millani!

@caz747 have you ever played the game “Thumper”?

Congrats on the win, purbosky. Nice work there.

[QUOTEDoriNori] @caz747 have you ever played the game “Thumper”?
[/QUOTE]

No, never heard of that one before. I did a quick search for it though and I can see some similarities between my entry this week and screenshots of the game. Well spotted.

Thanks, Millani, for the comments. I seldom pick up votes so it means a lot to hear your feedback on how my entry looked.:cool:

Must say though, I think I win every time.
The challenge is thrown down each week, I accept and pick up that challenge. At the end of the allotted time I have learnt something new, and for me that will always be a victory.:RocknRoll: