Challenge #753 Voting CLOSED

YAFU and Millani: Thank you both for the kind words!

Helge: I was not sure about your riddle but was hoping it was a dot matrix printer, and I’m so glad to see that it was! Great idea and realization as always!

Everyone else: I wish I had more time to comment individually on your entries, but please know this: I am very proud of all of you and appreciate all the effort each of you have invested in your entries.

Helge mentioned the care about the challenge: I sense it as well and am grateful for your participation.

This Weekend Challenge keeps getting better and better thanks to all of you!

Looking forward to the next topic!

RobertT

Congrats DM9!! Can’t wait to see what your next rendering will look like for the next upcoming challenge.

Wohooo. ^^ … Thank you so much for all the votes. :smiley: … I hope you will like the next theme of the Weekend Challenge. :wink: - And I am really happy that so many people seem to see the same in that 80ish rendering. Honestly, I believe this is the most realistic visualization I ever achieved; although I still claim that idea and story are way more important than execution when it comes to digital art.

Yea you’re right i didn’t have enough time to completely textured it. I wanted the NES controller to look more like plastic but i couldn’t finish it.

Lux: I likey. Maybe instead of a mod tracker you could have put a Turbo Silver or Sculpt 3D screenshot. I think the Amiga was the first consumer computer to have 3d modeling and rendering software (1987). A lot of people (including me) cut their 3D teeth on them.

Congrats, DM9, on the win, it was one of the most realistic renders I have seen since I started taking part in the challenge. I agree with what you say about the idea and story. It is the most important part for me, a render with a tale to tell will always win the day for me.

thanks for all the feedback and sorry for not answering before.

This little challenge has most definitely inspired me! With all the negative stuff we see around the world in the news and sometimes within our own gates (BA), it’s really cool to see something so positive overall. I’m going to HAVE to find some time to be a part of at least one of these!

@Xraygunner: Sound’s great! I’m already looking forward to your entry. :slight_smile: The next round will be starting soon. Have fun and welcome to the challenge!