Challenge #784 (29/06/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #784 for Friday 29th of June 2018 is:

under the guardrail

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Tue, Jul 3, 2018 12:30 AM (Europe: Paris), Mon, Jul 2, 2018 3:30 PM (America: Los Angeles) (countdown))

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Open entry as usual Textures used. 300 samples Denoise and Filmic. Going to call this one…

“I Can Make It”

4 Likes

Ha! I like that a lot. This morning I was like, “Hmmm, I wonder what weekend challenge is maybe I’ll compete.” Then I see the theme and basically said nope… don’t have the talent nor the inspiration for this challenge, which made me sad… Then I see your post. Hahahaha!

1 Like

@boblybill It is just a fun challenge to keep you doing something and kind of helps when inspiration gets lost or goes on vacation. It is just supposed to be something taken lightly and fun. Took me a while to start posting anything I made in blender.

This one is just a fun render of actually putting a car into the scene to show even more danger of what poor Freddy is thinking of doing…

**Not an Entry**

Not an Entry

1 Like

Over the Boardwalk

pure entry, 1000 samples. Everything is procedural! Those volumetric clouds took forever, even on my Ryzen!
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Under-the-Guardrail.Over-the-Boardwalk.html

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2zk56DDjGc

3 Likes

Wanna try to go the spooky way this time… :ghost:

— work in progress — (finished work is below)

4 Likes

I’m doing something similar lol
We almost got a cross-over :laughing:

Hello Guys :smiley:

Haven’t been posting for a looong time, but coming back!

Here is my entry:

“Worth it!”

Pure
512 samples, denoiser, a bit of Photoshop. CC much appriciated

5 Likes

damn this one looks so nice

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Road”. Cycles 100s. Sapling addon used for trees. Lot of particles, sculpting and texture painting used. I always have some problems with color/brightness/contrast setup, sorry for that.

6 Likes

Midnight Encounter

Pure entry. Cycles 512 samples, procedural textures, compositing in Blender.

A dashcam footage of… something. :no_mouth:

5 Likes

@DrakonProd : lol… feel free to explore the ideas more though, similar concepts don’t end with the exact same thing. :smiley:

We did a different thing indeed, mine’s is not close to be good as this :sweat_smile:

Bridge Troll

Non-competing

Cycles, 1024 samples, filmic, denoiser, HDRI lighting, Dof, sapling tree gen, MB labs, Graswald add-on

This theme was tough. Had to really stretch the brain cells to come up with something but in the end got lucky. Really pleased with the render. MB Labs rocks. Base mesh is male dwarf and then heavily modded with sculpting and new skin material.

5 Likes

Looks beautiful! :+1:

Hi guys, :smiley:
This is my first challenge. 500s, denoise, Blender compositing and bad rigging. Please don’t laugh at thoose arms it’s my first mesh rigging :sweat_smile:

Pure Entry.

“Don’t stop to investigate”

EDIT: After @FlyingBanana and @Helge useful tips I worked a while trying to balancing more the image contrast and curves, hope it got better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Rail Guard”

non-competing (pure), cycles (256 samples)

8 Likes

A Tragic Accident

Pure entry.

Hi Everyone! This is my first post in BlenderArtist.
Cycles, 400 samples, Filmic, HDRI.

I hope you liked it!

3 Likes

Welcome to the first posters @jonramos and @DrakonProd nice renders too btw. Good luck on the voting and look forward to seeing more from you two in the future challenges. Just a little advice on your entry DrkonProd you may want to either light the scene with a little behind the camera light or use filmic and bump up the contrast a bit to show the creature climbing up the guardrail. On my tablet I could barely see what was below the guardrail and on my laptop it is still dark but I can make it out slightly better. And poor poor lizard jonramos, guess he didn’t make it into the shade in time and got cooked.

1 Like