Challenge #786 (13/07/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #786 for Friday 13th of July 2018 is:

silhouette

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Tue, Jul 17, 2018 12:30 AM (Europe: Paris), Mon, Jul 16, 2018 3:30 PM (America: Los Angeles))

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent choice of theme!

Ohhh… I thinks I could do something for this one…

My first thought when abdoubouam sent the theme this morning: “beau11 will definitely like this one!” :wink:

I overuse silhouettes so much in the weekend challenge because it saves me from sloppy modeling. Also silhouettes look awesome so theres that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m glad to know that you like the theme!
I do like these kind of artworks, and I’ve done a few myself https://abdoubouam.artstation.com/albums/820994 and I thought it would be nice as a theme :smiley:

Oepsie

Just got a call from an 11 year old, son of one of my best friends…

He is bored with the piece of paper to draw on, and wants me to teach him blender… that is ADHD for you.

It reminds me of the day I asked my dad somewhere in the 80’s: “that is a cool program but why can’t I just tell this thing to do what I want?”… He teached me BASIC

Over the years, I learned many (every) ways to make any computer obey me

Where do I start?

Napivo

Unfortunately, computers have also learned many ways of annoying users. Just today my computer decided to go into emergency mode and throw me into a shell instead of the graphical interface. You know what was wrong? Me neither, I just typed exit and it worked normally… go figure…

If he can speak English some tutorials from Blender Guru might be nice. Otherwise, show him how to make a simple space-ship out of the default cube :slight_smile:

I learned so much from tutor4u as well. He’s very clear and up front. Blender gurus donut tutorial is also very well made for beginners. Im glad more younger people are beginning to discover this software.

First thing I would do is take a shot of my favorite vodka or whiskey and then when the child shows up drink the entire bottle. Once he is tired of watching me passed out snoring he will forget why he was at the house.

Perfect strategy.

If not doable because all the booze has already been drunk then in addition to the two excellent tutors mentioned above I would also recommend the blender foundation videos for the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlenderFoundation

Can’t wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge. Look forward to seeing @beau11’s entry :wink: . I won’t be able to enter anything this time around. I have a sick car that needs some electrical probing done to it and so that’s my weekend plans. Just me a multimeter, some drinks, and maybe some occasional bad words.

Shadow of the Star

OPEN entry, 1000 samples. It’s a modified weekly CGC entry.
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Video-Game-Boss.Legion.html.
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Silhouette.Shadow-of-the-Star.html.

I took silhouette as an expression sometimes associated with femininity.

3 Likes

@Millani

Unfortunately, computers have also learned many ways of annoying users. Just today my computer decided to go into emergency mode and throw me into a shell instead of the graphical interface. You know what was wrong? Me neither, I just typed exit and it worked normally… go figure…

I remember helping my grandfather out with windows 3.1 he called me up and he somehow managed to delete the undelete. Which if not familiar is similar to the recycle bin nowdays.

Spent a few hours on this one… I may or may not be done depending on the amount of suggestions I get…
“Embrace the Moments”
Pure

EDIT: Minor changes to the trees
EDIT: New sun placement and rocks in foreground.

13 Likes

@beau11 I call picture! hahaha. Awesome render! WOW

1 Like

Open, due the scene being created before this challenge. Also this is a direct recreation of a concept art from Olivier Pron.

6 Likes

Very nice theme!

I love the toilet roll art made by Anastassia Elias. So i figured I recreate such a scene. This is where I am at so far;

18 Likes

Non-competing.
I don’t have time to finish it in time, so here’s a noisy, 30% done render.
I will complete it on my free time and give it a proper cyberpunk feel. I’ve always wanted to try something like that.

3 Likes

That’s some pretty sweet liighting

Thx ZavalasAgent, also hail to the Glare Node.