• joshwinkler3d
  • Helge
  • david.speer
  • Kobold
  • PyBlend
  • vaukalak
  • FlyingBanana

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

[ If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. The winner’s theme will then be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile: ]

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

ba-feature-20181011-wc

Pure Entries

RayVelcoro: butterfly

purbosky: Hive Queen

fcharr: The One Million Dollar Man

id211: The Creator Flowers

Millani: Bakterionik

joshwinkler3d: Science Project

Helge: The Player

david.speer: The Walking Reds

Kobold: Smile Big, Cry Little

PyBlend: Bio-NIC

vaukalak: Insecto 3000

Open Entries

FlyingBanana: Bob’s Bionic Eye Repair

(eye texture image used)

Non-competing Entries

DM9: Bionic Bug

OLG: Robocop Future Past

Photox: Cry Havoc

RobertT: EUOPLOCEPHALUS2

1 Like

Great entries everyone!

My only regret, I could only vote three times!
Loved the submissions everyone.

2 Likes

haha… cool…
Watch out @purbosky , I am closing in (edit: or not… haha) (edit2: …I got pretty much destroyed) :slight_smile:

cool stuff guys… fierce competition here!

1 Like

This certainly feels like the closest race we’ve had in a while

Yep back to donuts and anvils for me.

2 Likes

With new voting system, results become much more tighter :slightly_smiling_face:

i like the new voting system, it makes the decision slightly easier👍

2 Likes

I also think it´s good and eventually it will lead to less biased voting, since everybody can vote for their best buddy and also for the entry they actually like the most, not either or. - ^^

3 Likes

I like the way the attachments / images open. No more accidental tab closing for me!

Can add something like a podium :slightly_smiling_face: , that is,to be not only one winner but also second and third places.I think in a principle that’s not bad idea.

Great entries! Congratulations to all of you on such good work!

The new voting is nice!

Hopefully we’ll never have the problem of only having three entries in a Weekend Challenge, in which case, with the new voting, we could conceivably end up with a three-way tie :slight_smile:

In such circumstances (3 entries or less) it might make sense to revert (for that one rare WC) to one vote per WC.

Otherwise, this is a very positive development, I think, as it has the potential of helping some others (beyond any frontrunner) gain a better sense of support and encouragement.

All in all, this is another high-quality and motivating WC, and that always inspires me to push further while having the opportunity to witness and appreciate the amazing and growing talents of other Blender Artists.

Thanks to Helge and all the participants for another great WC!

5 Likes

The new voting system is pretty great ! Sometime it’s hard to choose only one because one image is the best technically and another is the best artistically.

Now you can vote for both !

Always a pleasure! :slight_smile:

The last time we had only 3 competing entries was #727 (May 2017). Fortunately, this isn’t happening very often. :wink: However, basing the number of votes per voter on the number of entries makes sense to me. I guess, something like:

1-5 entries => 1 vote
6-10 entries => 2 votes
more than 10 entries => 3 votes

will probably work just fine.

5 Likes

Well no one is going home with a goose egg so I guess the multi votes have helped. :slight_smile:

And what happens if there are exactly 5 entries? Do we flip a coin? :slight_smile:

Nice catch! I changed it to 6-10. :slight_smile:

The book of Armaments is pretty clear on this:

…“Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out.

3 Likes

1… 2… 5…

1 Like

Three, sir.

1 Like