Challenge #803 (09/11/18) Entries CLOSED

You remember the pickle truck :+1:

There is only one more I don’t expect to be picked up, plus the billboard is a reoccurring image I’ve placed in a number of other projects.

Yeah I remember the pickle truck but if only my brain would remember things like the shortcut key for making a shortcut key of a shortcut key the shortcut key for all shortcut keys :wink:

1 Like

Not sure how you would do that either - all I do is right click on an option to add a shortcut then lose it next time because I don’t know how to save it :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL I was just joking due to age creeping up on me and I know if I don’t use blender for extended periods of time I forget everything I had learned, especially shortcut keys.

1 Like

Ok here is a super quick entry.

Pure entry 128 samples and b&w compositing done in blenders compositor along with filmic.

going to call this one…

“The scary yet friendly Manta Ray”

2 Likes

Inconspicuous

Pure - I would like to render a larger version but as it is at 500 samples it took 13 minutes

4 Likes

Took me longer than I like to admit to see why people were talking about a pickle… monday…

1 Like

@MadeWithFeet You found it :+1: - the pickle truck was from the crime theme #767 (it’s outside a bank at the moment, although it’s hard to tell). Unfortunately those images are broken, I won’t add it here because it might get confusing for some.

@FlyingBanana - maybe if all your shortcuts were pickle trucks it might help? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Updated a bit:

Still need to fix the arms, tuxedo, background. Corns and fibers (yuck), need a touch too.

Edit: … Forgot to add eyes… huhu

2 Likes

“Happy Mimic”
Great challenge topic btw!

Pure, cycles 1000 samples

6 Likes

That’s one of the cutest mimic I ever saw !

In other news, might miss the cuttoff time :frowning:

Open entry, few texture from textures.com, post in Krita
A feast of fools:

Edit:

Imo the image is unbalanced. If i had to redo it, I would center it by removing the doodoo, moving the camera closer to the guest and having a deuce in the plate. I don’t think the bugs nose and “ears” color is good, it’s too close from the corn.
I would focus on making correct rigged character instead of manually placing everything. It gets very annoying to move/fix items one by one in the end.

Still, it’s nice to have a complete entry ! Gl to everyone.

2 Likes

Smile Smile

Pure entry. The smile textures were made with gimp, the rest are procedural textures made in Blender.

I wanted to try out sculpting a character. Since I don’t understand much about proportions, I decided to make an monster-like creature. I think the result is kind of ok, but I somehow always manage to screw up the topology when sculpting. If you look close enough, it is possible to see the individual faces.

In case anyone is curious, the nose and the ears are actually separate meshes, glued with shrinkwrap, and the normals are fixed with normal edit.

He was supposed to have a hat just like Muggo, but I didn’t have the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“The Very Dark Orange Tree”
non-competing

All the best,
Damien

3 Likes