Challenge #808 Voting CLOSED

Haha they are actually still both in the air, only about half way down from the couch. The DOF really made it look like they were squashed on the ground. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks for the feedback, i can’t take credit for the modeling though because it was mostly stuff from megascans :sweat_smile: and yeah the sun looks a bit weird in retrospect

@lacrivilho
I love your image! This is one of my favorite scenes from the movies because of the music and the scenery. Good choice!

1 Like

@icyou520: Thank you for the kind words.

For a while I tried posting really small thumbnails to encourage others to see the full resolution image.’

Perhaps people are “right-clicking / viewing image” and the stats per image don’t show that?

Most people here put quite a bit of effort in their works all the way down to the finer details, so it’s always a good rule to click/tap images to see renders in all their full beauty :smiley:

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum and Blender (Actually this is my first post :smiley: )

I saw this weekend challenge and I’m really impressed with the submissions, would love to participate in a future. A few questions:

• Is there a registration post or something for each weekend challenge?
  • What is the difference between pure, open, and non-competing entries?

Sorry if they are silly questions, first time in here

@Jpv123 , @Helge I believe would be best to answer those questions as he is the one running the show. :slight_smile: and welcome to the weekend challenges by the way. There is no registration process needed to enter the challenges. They are just a fun hone your skills and get the creative juices flowing type of thing. Short jist of the entry categories is.

Pure… A creation that you can say was created solely inside blender with tools that is available to everyone else or by procedural creation. And all new models that were created for this challenge. Or if reused previously created models then they are not to be the main focus of the scene created, if they are then that would fall under the “Open” category

Open… Creation of a scene either using paid addons or other software outside of blender and was used to help create the scene made. So think to yourself if you feel that you spent time in multiple softwares or downloading (models, textures, painting textures *Photoshop/Gimp" ) then that would be considered open along with additional outside post compositing outside of Blender.

Non-Competing… Just that. Entries if you want to call them that that are created with the theme chosen but generally just shared to be viewed and not in the voting poll.

Again welcome to the site and the Weekend Challenges. Hope to see your name in the future entries.

Hi @Jpv123, welcome aboard. Nice to see you around. :slight_smile:

There is no registration required. Every week, there is a new Entry Thread in the Weekend Challenge area of the forum. You can find the current one (“Neon dream”) here: Challenge #809 (21/12/18) Entries CLOSED - #19 by RobertT

Since @FlyingBanana already covered this one, I’ll keep it short.

Pure: If you can honestly say to yourself, “Yes, I mainly used Blender to make this, most models (and almost all foreground models) are new.”, then the entry is Pure. (The rules aren’t very specific about addons and textures. Let’s just call this a matter of the participants personal judgment.)

Open: If an image isn’t Pure , then it’s Open .

You can find more details about this here: CHALLENGE RULES

Have fun!

Thank you @Helge and @FlyingBanana!! Just one concern regarding Pure textures. If I do my painting in substance painter, but then export everything again to blender and do the render on cycles, does that count as Pure?

I will be entering the challenges in the near future once I feel a little bit more comfortable with blender :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your warm welcome!

I’d say it depends. If blender was the software mainly used, pure will be just fine. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, just call it open. And actually, it doesn’t make much of a difference, after all. :wink:

I’m looking forward to you joining the challenge! :slight_smile: