Challenge #810 (28/12/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #810 for Friday 28th of December 2018 is:

kiss

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 31, 2018 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

now this is a very hard theme !!!

I agree. However, Prince and Gene Simmons found a way to cope with this - so, we should be able to do the same. :wink:

3 Likes

do do do do do-do-do do do :stuck_out_tongue:

if you know what I mean

Only thing I can think of is skate boarding and bicycles and roller blading :thinking:

Ok I got my idea brewing. Now to see how well it comes out.

5. Billiards, Pool . (of a ball) to make slight contact with or brush (another ball).

hmmmmmm.
I like this definition of “Kiss” better XD

Or you can always make kiss chocolates :stuck_out_tongue:

or frontman of the ‘kiss’ band

1 Like

I know everyone is waiting for someone to post a song, so I’ll do it.

2 Likes

Ok starting it off here with a previs render. Scales are a pain in the butt, think I might just go with a displacement map or sculpt stencil, particles are out of the question cause these results stink.

Pure Entry 128 Samples Cycles
“Kissing Fish”

4 Likes

Haha, it seem’s like there is an other theme this week. I am working on an octopus :

3 Likes

Yeah, for some reason kissing gromies came to mind right away so I threw a previs together in about an hour.

I think I may an ideal for a kiss. Hopefully it shouldn’t hard to put together. :smirk:

Just in case someone decides to do something like mine: I’m learning how to box model a frog :smile:

Keep It Simple S* : Zombie Apocalypse Kit

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, Paintshop Pro for border and contrast enhancement

When the zombies rise from the dead and you need a way to reach out and touch them or if they get too close you need a way to separate their spinal column.

Re-used some of my old models with new materials and lighting. This week my focus was lighting and setting. I was really torn between this and a darker version.

Man, red looks good on an AR. In this case an M5AR308.

3 Likes

The theme made me think of this :

Had a vague idea based on that but not really sure, looks more fitting for @RobertT btw. :smiley:
Also got another concept but more scifi-ish. Let’s see later…

2 Likes

Yeah that does seem right up RobertT’s alley. Also helps others with ideas as well.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m trying to do the texture of an octopus’s skin and I’m not able to figure out how to superpose 3 textures. I want to do something like this image :

I am using 3 principales nodes : 2 noises for the small brown spots (different scales) and 1 mudgrave for the beige and brown color gradient. When I mix them with an mix node, I lose the previous colors of the color ramp node… Someone has an idea?

You can try to use the noise textures to control the factor of the mix node instead. Or mix colours instead of shaders, you get a lot more options on how to do the mixing then.

1 Like