Challenge #821 Voting CLOSED

Thank you, and it’s not only to dark for you, but for me also. Recently, i bought new monitor and it is still not set up correctly and it’s too bright. I need to keep that in mind for next Challenge. One more time thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the hard work. Always fun to hear other folks thoughts.

Regards, and I don’t know what you are talking about with regards to the first entry. I found it whimsical and fun with great color contrast making it look like an hdr photo. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the comments

1 Like

@icyou520 thanks for the input. The fleas are actually quite big. We use them for fishing for redfish/snapper/and black drum here in Florida. They are typically caught off the edge of the waterline where the sand is wet but not under water. I did kind of make a hybrid sand flea (A mix of the two types in the pics below) which is in fact not a flea but more of a crab.

2 Likes

Well holy crap, I stand corrected.

2 Likes

LOL yeah, not a bunch of people know about them other than fishermen and shell collectors. Probably for good reason to the tourism here in Florida.

Thanks icyou520! You picked a heavy week for writing all these reviews!
Of course, this was a new 2019 entry record, by the way.

Actually, I decided to use the worms Danish name as a title. This happy creature is called Wattwurm in Germany. They go by the name of lugworm in English and are called Sandorm in Denmark (which is where I first noticed their existence, many years ago.) As with @FlyingBanana’s fleas, they are probably best known among fishermen… People usually dig them up from the tideland. They are even sold along the roads in many places by the sea.

1 Like

So basically you and @FlyingBanana are telling me I need to go fishing for the 1st time. Technically, I already did on the Nintendo Wii awhile back. I thought it would be the same thing. I hope this doesn’t apply to Wii Fencing because I am under the impression, I am a fencing professional.

2 Likes

@icyou520 Thanks for the nice words.
It was an honour to take part in that great contest. :slight_smile:

how did you create the ocean? that looks nice

Nice reviews.

The Happy Birthday image is a take on a Star Wars meme. In SW EpIII, a certain Mister Skywalker breaks down after the death of his mother and decries sand, as his shithole, sandy, home planet has nothing but bad memories for him.

Thankfully driving isn’t like it was in video games - I don’t need to ram into cars to stay on the road or take corners without slowing down :slightly_smiling_face:

Also thanks for the feedback, the motion blur on the train didn’t work as expected. I animated the train and parented the camera, hoping for background motion blur. Instead some of the train still blurred??