Challenge #829 (10/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #829 for Friday 10th of May 2019 is:

Agriculture of Tomorrow

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 13, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Maelys031 You just want an excuse to create more veggies :laughing:
I’m on to your games!

2 Likes

this is strangely close to the CG boost topic, Fantastic Greenhouse Challenge.

2 Likes

Man, I have a great idea for this one but I really won’t have the time to do it this weekend. :cry:

Don’t hesitate to share :smile:

Haha. Well, it could be that I have some time tomorrow. Doubt it’ll be enough time, but maybe I can scupper something together. Haven’t entered in a while.

I wonder if the humans being grown by the machines in the Matrix movie counts as agriculture of tomorrow? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

mmm. Another movie reference. Solient Green. Really yummy. lol

Does a render farm count as agriculture? :thinking:

Goddamnit @david.speer, we had the same idea again! Get out of my head! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha - you’re safe. I moved on.
That’s a bit darker then i generally work on.

I mocked up this future agriculture lab experiment gone wrong that i’ll be working on.

3 Likes

this is where the short film contest is going on at.

from the way I under stand it you can make any type of 3 min film with 3 min behind the scenes even animated . :smile:
I registered and its legit have to put everyones name who worked on the film, the budget to make the film, have to fill out release forms, shot list for locations and story boarding and everything else seams like a lot of work. :smile::no_mouth:

heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGNriQeb98M

1 Like

Seems like a real film project then you mean :smiley:

Not sure how much time I could devote to this, but fire me a PM real quick if you have any ideas.

Looks like this challenge is a bit quiet at the moment - no one has shared any renders yet. I’ll change that- here is a peek at what I have been working on:

Not an entry (yet)

I said it was a peek, this is not the entire thing.

I have also gone and recorded it, which will be uploaded to YouTube when my submission is ready.

4 Likes

Here is my WIP.

I’m suuuuuper tight with time on this, so I may not get it finished.

I still have to do a pile of BG stuff (although that’ll probably just be a ton of random shapes to catch light and what not. It’ll all be out of focus anyway), work on the lighting, and maybe, only maybe, depending on the time, do a quick fluid sim for some ooze coming out of the pipettes. I’d also like to add some text/Labels to the box to help sell my idea.

So, here’s my updated image.

Still might try and add some more stuff later, but if I don’t get the time, then this is my entry.

Dinner For One
Pure
Cycles - 1500 Samples.

5 Likes

OPEN entry “Recycled”
Background texture from www.hdri-hub.com
I rendered it as a preview because in Blender 2.8 something else is visible when rendering and something else in render preview window (hairs and transparency).
Cycles 512s

7 Likes

@unyxium yes I thought the same. It is pretty quiet, think everyone got the massive scene bug or are busy planning mothers day. I probably wont have anything entered as I am working on a model and decided to spend some time doing it right for once and not cutting corners so that has me tied up for creativity and getting something together. I instantly thought of drones tending a crop but knew I wouldn’t have the time to do it so hopefully it picks up here and get to see a bunch of entries.

2 Likes

If I were to post today something about the agriculture of tomorrow (Monday), it would become the agriculture of yesterday by the time of the voting!

2 Likes

Deep man, deep!

Could almost be a Dudeism :smile:

1 Like

Title: Robot Harvest
Pure entry with all but the lightning bolt texture made in Blender. Cycles - 256 samples.

12 Likes

Stunning work!