Challenge #834 (14/06/19) Entries CLOSED

Curves are awesome. Not many use them to their potential and as you mentioned they are also easier on the memory usage. Nice entry too by the way.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah curves are awesome and it can makes life very easy. For instance with pipes and wires. What I really like about them is that you can always go back when you mess up. I hate it when I reach a “point of no return” when you have to apply all the modifiers to continue. With Curves you don’t have to worry about that. I posted my .blend file above if you want to check it out.

1 Like

Man awesome work. As I am a beginner I can not even begin to imagine how u achieved that with curves. Thanks for posting your blend file. I’ll definitely look into it.

1 Like

Thanks!

No problem. It’s actually pretty easy. I think if it wasn’t for curves I wouldn’t have been able to get it done so quickly (started work on Monday, was a public holiday). Curves are very powerful and a great tool to have in your tool box.

If you have any questions about anything, don’t hesitate to message me.

Now back to my ongoing side project at least till the next theme comes out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I have no idea how you did it. I’ve tried and failed miserably. Do you have any advice, tips, tutorials etc. you can offer?

1 Like

@Bakkies Thank you. Tutorials on what? The car render? If so I would say just about any car modeling tutorial out there will help, don’t restrain yourself to only Blender tutorials, as much of all 3d modeling is done in the same methods. There may be other tools or names for tools that other software uses but once you see it used you will now what it is called in Blender. Also high quality blueprints are key in getting the details done. Not your line drawn prints but actual modeled orthographic view blueprints. And as always ton’s of reference images.
If you want you can message me with any questions, don’t want to keep bumping or alerting others when comments get posted here.