Challenge #838 (12/07/19) Entries CLOSED

“Da Vincis Canon”

To be honest, I misunderstood the theme of this week to be “Da vincis Inventions”. Therefore I created Da Vincis three-barrelled canon, but with a little twist as I understood the theme on second readthrough. This model is less based on “practical use” and more on the idea that Da Vinci was a pacifist at heart.

“Open”, 64 samples and Textures from texture haven.

7 Likes

“Insightful Workshop”

OPEN entry
Eevee 100 samples

7 Likes

Well here’s my entry.

“Leo’s World”

I’ll go open on this one.

Cycles, denoise, 25 samples, composited in blender, one huge mask around the sky and hill feather the sky out to make the snow look on the mountains.

The only texture in this is the stretched rock under the grass and water everything else is blender :grin:

I found a way to make low res rock textures in the compositer that’s what the mountains were made with they were solid white before compositing :grin:

1 Like

Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Catapult” Pure Entry
Blender 2.8 Cycles, 500 samples (actually 128 was fine) just very slight notice.

Just started this a couple of hours before the deadline.
Good luck Everyone!

2 Likes

Atmospheric machine
pure Cycles

1 Like

For Da Win-Ci (Non-Competing)

It’s true! Da Vinci invented the Monster Truck! (Skipping some inventions in the process.)

Cycles 256 Samples - Denoising

5 Likes

Da Vinci desperately wanted to be good at basketball, so much so he invented boots that would increase his jump height. Sadly all his attempts ended in failure, as they only added about an inch to his jump height.

Da Vinci’s Jumper Boots

(I believe this entry is open, as I used textures from HDRI-Haven.com, Texture-Haven.com and Poliigon.com. In addition I used Render Street to speed up render times.)

7 Likes

Robotic Knight

Non-competing (pure).

I had a busy weekend and Monday. My plan work one more hour on it today, but at some point a screwed up with the modifiers and ended up eating all my RAM. Obviously I did not save before that so I lost almost everything (there was supposed to be a string going through all the pulleys. It took some time to make that… :frowning: ).

After Blender crashed I got sad and decided to just render whatever I had when I saved. Oh well.

2 Likes

Plane’s Ancestor
Pure entry

Based on a image of a plan of Leonardo Da Vinci. Done with Blender 2.8. Quick materials with the awsome BlenderKit!
I had a hard time with rendering to get something interesting. Still it’s lacking of good lighting scenary I would say.

3 Likes

Actually, there is a little dust in the air, already. It could be more dense, indeed. However, it was 03:50 in the morning when the first image fell out of the render engine, so I called it a day/night. :slight_smile: