Challenge #844 (23/08/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #844 for Friday 23th of August 2019 is:

The Vanguard

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 26, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

When I first saw the theme, I had no clue what to do. A search will help.

This looks like an interesting theme this week. I will see what I can do.

1 Like

Pure - all made in blender 2.80 - eevee

5 Likes

That was quick! It’s only been 3 hours.

1 Like

It’s super person :superhero: able to create scenes in a single swipe, faster than the mind can imagine. :grin::yum::dizzy_face:

Oh real quick… What is this supposed to be?

1 Like

Whoever suggested the topic, is this what was in your mind? :blush:

1 Like

I started working my scene this morning it’s looking good right now, I’m using eevee this time.

Does anyone know how to get eevee to render in 4k I been having problems with blender crashing when I try to do 4k renders in eevee

I remember seeing an early entry a few years ago, with a link to a WIP.

Ok I figured it out bloom won’t work in 4k render

There is literally an anime for every thing :smile: but it is open to your own interpretation @Anam_Shahid, whatever you choose it’s a great chance to use art to let people in on how you express your ideas.

Ya, it’s like @Le_Pirate said you can interpret it how ever you want as long as it’s in some way related to the topic

Vanguard - Air Power

Non-competing

Cycles, 250 samples, smoke physics, denoising, filmic, HDRI lighting, Post processing Paintshop Pro (minor color correction and border)

Have a very busy weekend so just a quick render with some of my models. Three of the five models come from past challenges. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing all these amazing craft fly and they are always a thrill to see.

10 Likes

This is what I’m working on, I’m going to call it Policea after I get it done.

I was thinking of league of legends video after I glanced at a Subway tutorial.

Had to find the dimensions so it would be to scale so everything is to scale. :yum::grin::eyes:

The cube in the back is my refrance for the height of a person at 5’ 5"

Been fighting with the camera all day couldn’t find a the angle I was looking for finally decided to go with this angle.

8 Likes

Cycles 200 samples | Pure Blender 2.8

“We are humans, we come in peace, our power generator is broken.”

4 Likes

Pure entry rendered at 1000 samples 1920x1920. Just a quick samurai mask i modelled and sculpted. It relates to the military aspect of “The Vanguard” theme as the samurai were at the forefront of their warrior class, and i felt like it would be a good fit.

7 Likes

What would be the closing time? Will it be today or tomorrow??

Pure. The vanguard unit.
Modelled and rendered in Blender 2.8. 750 samples.
Tank textured in SP.

More images in this post: The vanguard unit

9 Likes

The entry thread will close on Monday, 22:30 GMT. However, the time depends on your location/timezone. You can convert the closing time to your local time. There are a lot of websites doing just that. :slight_smile:

For example:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=0,5128581,2950159&h=0&date=2019-8-26&sln=22.5-23

(Or you can tell me your location and I’ll convert it for you.)

I’m from Pakistan…can you please tell me what time would be here… I’m sorry for the laziness