• micorime
  • Gourav_K7
  • sayris
  • bluberri
  • Millani
  • fcharr
  • putr_corps
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Oct 2, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20191006-wc

Pure Entries

Anam_Shahid: Opposites attract

KickAir_8P: Theatrical Suzannes

MatthewK: Sweet and Savory

Bassem: oposits compition semi final

3dnotguru: peacemaker

FlyingBanana: Yin and Yang

jutu74:

david.speer: Another Day Another Night

mirek_snd: Misleading

RayVelcoro: 4d

micorime: Snail

Gourav_K7: Cups

sayris: opposite_final

bluberri: Weightless Dance

Millani: Black meets White

fcharr: The Other Side

Open Entries

putr_corps: I don’t know me

(I used Manuel Bastioni for the base mesh, and a single photo from unsplash for the texture (credt: https://unsplash.com/@caiqueportraits). Post in Photoshop due to the timeline)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Fire and Water

Helge: Opposite-Leaved Golden Saxifrage

purbosky: Stand Off

Really strong entries from everyone. Nicely done! Another hard voting week.

3 Likes

Yep! This week my votes go to david.speer’s “Another Day Another Night” (simply beautiful), Gourav_K7’s “Cups” (compelling composition), and Millani’s “Black meets White” (if I didn’t know better I’d think it was a surrealist painting). Also enjoyed Anam_Shahid’s “Opposites attract” (don’t think that relationship’s gonna turn out well), MatthewK’s “Sweet and Savory” (twu wuv!), Bassem’s “oposits compition semi final” (love the expressions), 3dnotguru’s “peacemaker” (love the concept), FlyingBanana’s “Yin and Yang” (evocative), mirek_snd’s “Misleading” (LOL!), RayVelcoro’s “4d” (snorfl!), micorime’s “Snail” (nyooooom!), sayris’s “opposite_final” (nice low-poly take on it), bluberri’s “Weightless Dance” (nice composition, compelling sense of mass), fcharr’s “The Other Side” (somebody else did orange vs blue! Like the gapped chessboard), putr_corps’s “I don’t know me” (effectively creepy), OLG’s “Fire and Water” (like the colors), Helge’s “Opposite-Leaved Golden Saxifrage” (wow!), and purbosky’s “Stand Off” (happy to see another orange vs blue, intriguingly different take on similar design elements).

8 Likes

I would say this is one of the most interesting and well-executed contests I’ve seen. I wish I had more than 3 votes, because honestly all of these are great. Took a lot of thought to narrow it down

1 Like

… and KickAir_8P’s “Theatrical Suzannes” (A BWC without Suzanne is like theater without Sock and Buskin. Well done!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, very kind.
Glad to finally have a 2.8 entry.

You’re welcome!

@Helge – thanks! And thanks to the person who voted for mine. :+1:

@putr_corps That’s a very creepy image, it’s not easy to make something so disturbing. :upside_down_face:

I think you did a very good job with the facial expression on the right side. That person really looks like a maniac who just lost it.

I’ll try not to get nightmares tonight… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 849 with votes from 36% of the voters is… mirek_snd!
As we have a tie between entries (mirek_snd, micorime), the earliest submitted entry wins.

Here’s to all the great participators…

Misleading

5 Likes

Ha! Congrats mirek_snd!

Congrats to @mirek_snd that sure would be a confusing set of signs.
Congrats as well to the second first place @micorime !!

Good job everyone on the entries!

4 Likes

Hi guys, thanks for all the votes! Many cool entries this week. Had fun creating this one.
Congrats to micorime, it was a close call :wink:

1 Like

Congrats @mirek_snd. Well deserved win!

Congrats to you too! (*~▽~)

@mirek_snd Congrats! Nice win.

Congrats to all the entrants. All pretty cool renders.

congrats!

I tried to do a little animation just for fun.

• that’s how’s rain made :wink:

have fun.
ps: it’s to short :smiley: so here’s a gif:
cloud-vs-sun

5 Likes

Is the Sun bullying that cloud? :stuck_out_tongue:

yes indeed :slight_smile: