• wujekwojtek
  • david.speer
  • SHADOWSTORM
  • RayVelcoro
  • purbosky
  • Ole_in_3D
  • putr_corps
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Nov 13, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20191117-wc

Pure Entries

LeoBlenderToon: Father and Son - An endless love

jutu74: t588

MatthewK: Meet Jack, he’s a “Fun Guy”

Sssjjjbbb: Steak and Mushrooms

Anam_Shahid: Mushroom-Ville

Midnightcpu: What were these called again :dizzy_face:

kaidoe: crappy denoising coloured smaller

Harris_Siompos: Bus Stop

Millani: Blueshroom

beau11: Cave Mushrooms

fcharr: Nocturnal

Atalluc: Grow,runaway or get run over

wujekwojtek: witch pills

david.speer: Experimental Fungi

SHADOWSTORM: the gateway

Open Entries

RayVelcoro: wip4

(Lots of textures, open it is.)

purbosky: Ghost Mushroom

(Open entry, bark texture from TextureHaven, everything else are procedurals.)

Ole_in_3D: Mossy Mushroom

(The Moss and Leaves are from the graswald addon. Rendered in Cycles all Compositing done in Blender.)

putr_corps: Corpse seed

(Open due to the hand being from MB-Lab (Add-on) and the use of PS to color grade.
I used Physical Atmosphere, Graswald and the BoneStudio branch for the voxel remesher modifier.)

Non-competing Entries

pelemele: MChampi_5

centauri: Fliegenpilz_Final

ramjet: resize

OLG: yoda shroom

Helge: Hot Spot

linuus: mushrooms

Le_Pirate: Mushrooms make good furniture

1 Like

Awesome entries! Very tough decisions but in the end I voted for MathewK, SHADOWSTORM, and purbosky’s entries.

3 Likes

Yep, so many great entries! This week my votes go to MatthewK’s “Meet Jack, he’s a ‘Fun Guy’” (s’cute!), Millani’s “Blueshroom” (sunlit greens), and purbosky’s “Ghost Mushroom” (ethereal). Also enjoyed jutu74’s “t588” (pretty), Sssjjjbbb’s “Steak and Mushrooms” (looks yummy!), Anam_Shahid’s “Mushroom-Ville” (cheerful), Midnightcpu’s "What were these called again " (cool look), kaidoe’s “crappy denoising coloured smaller” (effective use of light), Harris_Siompos’s “Bus Stop” (fun!), beau11’s “Cave Mushrooms” (beautifully eerie), fcharr’s “Nocturnal” (those eyes), david.speer’s “Experimental Fungi” (believable), SHADOWSTORM’s “the gateway” (terrifying), RayVelcoro’s “wip4” (disparate mix of styles, almost works), putr_corps’s “Corpse seed” (yikes!), pelemele’s “MChampi_5” (aw, cute!), centauri’s “Fliegenpilz_Final” (nice spider & webbing, like the lighting), Helge’s “Hot Spot” (like the way you echoed the theme), and Le_Pirate’s “Mushrooms make good furniture” (adorbs!).

5 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 855 with votes from 51.3% of the voters is… putr_corps!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Corpse seed

9 Likes

Thanks to all!! I’ll try to do my entries a little less… “depresing” next time :sweat_smile:
My votes went to @MatthewK , @Millani and @Atalluc It was a pretty close vote, I like it, so many great entries. ^^

4 Likes

Congrats @putr_corps! Well done, very unnerving image but fantastic none the less.

1 Like

Congrats @putr_corps, It was a very unique idea although somewhat disturbing but unique, I really liked @SHADOWSTORM’s entry it is always pleasant to look at. Ole_in_3D, purbosky and millani’s enteries were also very nice and realistic.
Everyone did so well.

PS: thank you to whoever who voted for me, i really appreciate that :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats @putr_corps, great entries allover!

1 Like

I actually did not see it as depressing. Living things die, but from death comes new life. So is the cycle of life.

Also, you did an awesome work with the colors and the lighting, so we can excuse the corpse. :smiley:

1 Like

@putr_corps, congrats! Creepy and beautiful. Nicely done.

Kind of reminded me of Invasion of the body snatchers movie.

1 Like