Challenge #861 "Microcosmos" (20/12/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #861 for Friday 20th of December 2019 is:

Microcosmos

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 23, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

amazing theme. Brain goes to the quantum realm in ant man but I’m going to think some more before jumping into blender.

1 Like

neat… looks like a good theme to me!

1 Like

PURE - eevee - blender 2.81

4 Likes

“Packin’ Up”
Pure, WIP

Thinking of adding more but wanted to get something done before I leave for a majority of the weekend. Definitely have a lot to tweak but here is the state of the image so far.

14 Likes

Wow beau11 so great looking! Love it! I like how the background is like plain that gives it a good texture. The ladybug looks awesome! I wish I had time to create something XD To busy at this point!

This video was just posted yesterday. It might offer some inspiration:

1 Like

Excellent video. I wonder if it was made in Blender…

No, it was done in C4D.

She Shells Cell Fish.

A journey into the compositor, blend modes, renderpasses, and lots of vertex painting with masks.

Really enjoying these challenges and learning more than ever, and more often then not,
…how to cheat it…!

Eevee - Pure - Competing

5 Likes

Oh, I nearly forgot…

Fresnel…

How could I forget Fresnel…

The Worlds Within

Pure, Cycles, Blender 2.81

4 Likes

Pure cycles blender 2.80 used sculpting for zbrush for anatomy texturing rendering and wing creation in blender.

1 Like

Sooo
“Comunity”
pure - blender 2.81

Everything that ever was, or ever will be, started small.
tried to make this on the style of my interdenominational portal thing. Couldn’t get the same result.

6 Likes

“Happy Holidays Everyone!”

non competing (pure), cycles (256 samples + denoising)

9 Likes

Progenitor Beta-28

Pure entry. Cycles 1024 samples, procedural textures, compositing, level correction in GIMP.

Inspired by the Blender logo (was seriously expecting a Blender emoji to be used here, lol!).

10 Likes

Welcome Home

Competing - Pure entry - Cycles

A fun interpretation of ‘microcosmos’ as quite literally a ‘baby’s world’, combined with some bright festive lighting! Have a great week everyone!

9 Likes

Microscope Cosmos

open entry

The Textures for the Microscope are made in Substance Painer everything else in Blender.

7 Likes

T-A-G-T-T-C-T-T-G-T
Open entry
A generic background image using a DNA model originally from here.
I looked at the actual nucleotides in the model to get the title, although I probably got it backwards. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Pure entry " Life in a rain drop"
Mossy forest from HDRI Haven for lighting and background

5 Likes