• clickdraw
  • Celestial_Riot
  • Photox
  • david.speer
  • Dooflunky
  • Cesium55
  • SChris

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200224-wc

Pure Entries

astiero: untitled

RayVelcoro: Busy City

JoeGuy: High Density Planet.

3dnotguru: Osmium

Sanne: Heavy Metal

fcharr: The Hardest of Hearts

jutu74: p78

claus82: render_1

Midnightcpu: Atomic H2O Fuuussssiiiiooonnnn Haaaaaaaaa

didierv: Cable nightmare

SHADOWSTORM: the anomaly

Millani: K75

clickdraw: Gold is pretty high density.

Celestial_Riot: untitled

Photox: HD

david.speer: A High Density Low Poly Forest

Dooflunky: Cellular

Cesium55: Den City

Open Entries

SChris: Fading City

(open Entry , Cycles , colors and clouds in GIMP)

Non-competing Entries

purbosky: Overcrowded

OLG: High Density Plating

Helge: packed

3 Likes

The hardest of choices. I feel very whimsical this week…

1 Like

Wonderful submissions, wish I had more time… Can’t wait for the next one on friday :slight_smile:

I really could use one single vote guys, spent almost an hour on this gif I came up with. It ain’t that ugly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think everyone who would vote for you is too busy dodging orange walls and cannot cast their vote. :wink:

Also, that gif makes me dizzy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Alas, seems like all the votes are in a relationship :wink:

Congrats to the winner.

Awsome work everyone and see you next WC. :eyes::grin::v:

Getting ready to go back to school for adult education to get my hsed Monday.
if I get it im going to go to college and take CGI classes and something else I’ll have to see what they have I was thinking marine biology or something. LOL
And Im already a pro at CGI I’ll have a lead on the beginners in collage when I go it’s kind of like cheating. :joy:
No offense to any beginners.
I might help them learn what techniques l’ve learned over the years and speed there work up while learning from the masters. :grin::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its a busy city through the eyes of a lazy artist. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 869 with votes from 38.1% of the voters is… Cesium55!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Den City

2 Likes

@Cesium55, Congrats! Render reminded me of the Judge Dredd universe though probably needed more air pollution. Very cool. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, that’s an amazing introduction to the weekend challenge! Anyway, all of you guys did some great stuff so you deserve some recognition…
@astiero Your texture looks great, I’ll have to admit I tried to recreate it without success. “:P”
@RayVelcoro You were the only one to make an animation, that’s some work right there!
@JoeGuy Nice planet texture, and the composition feels right.
@3dnotguru Classy and refined. Could be on the cover of some science book.
@Sanne It looks like an ad for different metals, and that’s not a bad thing!
@fcharr Your heart looks sad and alone… But I guess that was the point!
@anon12835808 Definitely the future we’re heading towards. Anyway, it fits the theme perfectly so that was a good idea.
@claudiog.1982 Love the concept! And all of those little penguins look so cute!
@Midnightcpu You litterally deconstructed the subject to the atomic level. I like that. And your render looks almost as intense as your title.

5 Likes

@didierv Ooch that hurts my head even thinking about unscrambling these cables! Again, well done and great concept.
@SHADOWSTORM Looks like some kind of alien fractal thingy and the execution is excellent. It reminds me a bit of the fractal thingy at the end of Annihilation.
@Millani Your render seems straight out of an Ikea ad. Love the pastel colours and the lighting!
@clickdraw Exactly. What can I say except that it definitely looks like gold?
@Celestial_Riot The addition of a fluid simulation was a great idea! It makes your render really dynamic and all that.
@Photox The colours suit well each other and you made it highly detailed, otherwise it wouldn’t look as dense. It could easily be on the cover of an art magazine!
@david.speer The birds are a nice touch and that’s some good modeling on the tower! It feels really peaceful.
@Dooflunky Kinda like Midnightcpu, but on a larger scale. I dig it.
Just an honorable mention to @Helge Great idea, and composition and the fish are weird, and cute at the same time… Anyway, too bad you didn’t have enough time, because it’s one of my personal favourites.

5 Likes

Awesome win Cesium55! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats Cesium55! Great image, very dense athmosphere.

Great entries, everybody!

1 Like

The planet texture was actually cement:)

Lol, ya I looked up Nova’s, super Nova’s, black holes and the others, from what I found collapsed stars are super dense, because when they collapse they turn into atoms with a super heavy magnetic pull which can reach across the entire system.

Thanks for the comment. Time is a little short lately - so I have to fit this somewhere between 1 and 4AM on Sunday morning. :wink:

And thanks for taking the time to go through all these entries! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the biggest reasons why I enjoy “Weekend Challenges” is to see all the different ways in which various artists interpret the usually-vague and open-ended theme statements. Once again this week I was not disappointed.

1 Like