• Watndit
  • catblue44
  • SidewaysUpJoe
  • geekingfreaking3d
  • JoeGuy
  • Kanga3020
  • Komojo
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200410-wc

Pure Entries

GroundBeef: Visiters

pelemele: Cultural exchanges

fcharr: Spacebillies

3dnotguru: cropcircles

OrganicAdapter: Consciousness

RobertT: CROP CIRCLE DESIGNER

Millani: Suzanne Fields Forever

gabrielg1976: Selling my wares…

PyBlend: Cosmic Crop Dusting

zest: G_comp

didierv: In my garden

Watndit: Surprise Cropcircle

catblue44: Pentafuego

SidewaysUpJoe: Who left the Message…

geekingfreaking3d: The Speculative Crop Field of the Fallen Megatron Crown

Open Entries

JoeGuy: MC-Blender Logo

Kanga3020: Sunlit Homestead

Komojo: The Earthlings Are Doing It Again

(Open entry (reusing a character from a previous weekend challenge))

Non-competing Entries

purbosky: Warning (?)

Helge: Corn Circle

3 Likes

great entries everyone!
I especially loved @Helge s one (reminds me of a creature out of subnautica)
as I spent too much time on tweaking, I finished my render way past the time, so I guess I’ll just chug it on here, not to waste it:

10 Likes

Wow that is the best one I have seen.
I am sorry you weren’t able to Enter it.

1 Like

I was told not to do my entry, all I can tell you is that it involved an antique Gucci riding crop and a couple of well formed circular things…

Great entries everyone!

Oh @gabrielg1976, did you create the background too?

Good work guys! I wish I had time to compete this time.

I have to say I am always surprised by the way people vote in these! My favourite entries are never near the top! :sweat_smile:

https://gyazo.com/c3c23788229abccc066df1534628b359

Guys i dont know if this is completely off topic, but what do you think of the idea to create a “Single Vertex Challenge”, see what renders we can create.

Very simple rules, all modifiers allowed, including Lattice, Boolean, shrink wrap, anything.

Detailed manipulation is not allowed, such as Displacement maps, Bump maps, Sculpting etc.

You can however use Particles, and physics, such as cloth physics and particle system etc.

And the most important rule of all, every single object, has to display a single vertex, if shown in edit mode. If all modifiers are removed, then all you should be left with are individual verteses.

1 Like

Yes I created the background too its actually single image thats part of a fly through animation im playing around with

1 Like

One question: One vertex per scene or one vertex per object?
I’d be interested in giving this a go, depending on how it is set up.
As in is there a theme and a time limit, or are we just showing off what you can do with modifiers?
Sounds cool though.

IDK, sounds extremely challenging to me, can we use A/N nodes ?

Per object. So once you figure out what shapes and quirks you can make, you can use bool in very interesting ways to create more complex shapes.

I dont know what A/N nodes are, if its something 2.8 specific then i havent touched it yet. But it should be fine as long as it does not allow too much freedom, such as sculpting, and to a sense Displacement maps, since you can draw it yourself.

Considering i believe Bool will be a very important modifier, which allows for a lot of flexibility just given enough patience. The restriction is the one vertex per object rule.

I uploaded an example of something i threw together with just a single vertex, but the upload seems to be hung up. Check the external link for the same video that i uploaded. I see it only has 1 “view”.

No planning was made, i just doodled around. If people spend some time experimenting with different nodes im sure we’ll get a lot of very interesting things! Not to mention, learn a lot of new wierd ways to use modifiers

What happens if there is a tie ? Each winner picks a theme, then both themes are combined as one ?

Just a head-up, the vid clip your link leads to is being displayed in your post just like a youtube video. Im just a beginner so i think its a good idea, specialty if people explane what they did. Pretty sure i tired this for the current weekend challange before i ended up with a normal map for the yin-yang, i tried to boolean that shape into a plane, did not get the end result i wanted and could not animate it how i wanted…
Anyway, maybe this could be a BlenderArtists Monthly Challenge ?

ohh do it DOES work, great then its just yank on my end :sweat_smile:

A / N = Animation Nodes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 876 with votes from 45.5% of the voters is… pelemele!
As we have a tie between entries (pelemele, Millani), the earliest submitted entry wins.

Here’s to all the great participators…

Cultural exchanges

4 Likes

@pelemele, Congrats. O for the block and its a tie again. Fun render. :slight_smile:

Thank-you :slight_smile: