Challenge #879 "Serene" (24/04/20) Entries CLOSED

Never say Blender can not do something, because in someway or another Blender can :heart: it’s just some mathematics

Made in Blender – This IS NOT my entry, btw

pixel_clouds

And here’s the mess i made with the compositor

6 Likes

“The Procedural World”
>> Pure entry, Cycles 8 Samples (quite appropriate for an 8-Bit style render) and Compositor

Blender Artists don’t like pixel-art thumbnails, so, you can always click the image to see it better!

Somewhere, in another planet, another star take to the sky once more.

The whole scene was made using procedural textures on planes (except for the trees, which are a more complex geometry than a simple plane). The funny part is that this can be animated in a very realistic way and is extremely fast to render! - I took a similar approach that Traveller’s Tales made for Sonic R, which is alternate every scan line back and forth to get a softer and more colorful image (well, my image already have to many color levels, since it is 32bits, i even had to reduce the colors in composition to get a more realistic effect. Back then, the Sega Saturn didn’t have a wide color pallette to offer). All this ended up in a super messy composition, which looks like this :sweat_smile:

My goal this week was try to make a pixel-art style composition.

I can post the internal bits of the scene if you wanna see them :3 - Never stop learning!

9 Likes

Tittle: Good morning

Cycles 512 path tracing with compositing and denoise @ 1600 x 1080

pure

11 Likes

No idea why my image is showing up as “bed time” the title is good morning… and I was definitely not awake working on this last night because I couldn’t sleep.

I was just about to say that i love that contradiction :sweat_smile:

“Singing with the Siren”

non competing (pure), cycles (256 samples + denoising)

9 Likes

That left end of the hammock is giving me anxiety D:

1 Like

What can possibly go wrong? :wink:
But that’s not a problem for someone with an sufficient amount of serenity.

“Pigserene”
blender only, eevee render. pure

6 Likes

“Serene snowdrop”

50 samples with the denoiser, 3 minutes to render in cycles

Pure apart from the moss which is from Graswald

clay render:

13 Likes

you’ve been down too long in confinement sea. oh what’s becoming of me :wink:

3 Likes

Tittle: Glass Babushkas

I used Gimp to create the UV map, but all other work was done in Blender.
Cycles 512 path tracing

I originally tried nesting the dolls, but I kept fighting the lighting (way too dark on the interior). This was the first time I ever really worked with nodes and am overall quite happy with the result/effort ratio.

3 Likes

Serene, pure entry, cycles and a tiny bit of post in paint.net.

3 Likes

Did you try to increase the number of transmission bounces? If you have too many transparent objects on top of each other, the inner ones may show black if you don’t raise the number of bounces.

1 Like

Free Digger. Open.

Entry is Open, I think. Model and picture is super simple. Background and foreground are painted with transparency. Quiet and easy scene. Just Eevee. Almost no Blender 3D… exept rigging and animating :wink:

Hope you like it. Have a good day and stay safe, friends.

9 Likes

Zen
Pure

9 Likes

I just started re-rendering some of my other angles that were less flattering and this has helped out so much! Thank you!

1 Like

2 Likes

No Blender 3D? Did you know that Blender is actually 4D? :sweat_smile::heart:

2 Likes

Leaf in Peace

Open entry. Leaf texture from 3d-wolf.com and some minor Photoshop postprocessing.

4 Likes