Challenge #912 "Post-Pandemic" Voting CLOSED

Yep this auto recover spot, it’s the best.

In Theory yes, that is correct. The ‘Recover Last Session’ should open the last auto-backup from the temp location. In Practise, I find more often than not, it struggles to find the most recent backup, especially if you have multiple files open at the same time.
I’ve been working on a fairly large project at work and have had multiple files crash on me. The ‘Recover last session’ is yet to open the file that’s just crashed in my experience. Going into the temp directory, and sorting by modified time/date always works on the other hand (Not sure why).
Plus, you can see previous auto-backups, so in theory, you can find the one made before you ran the script and broke the sculpt.
The .blend1 file is a save backup. I believe there is a setting somewhere that allows you to save up to 32 save backups automatically. If you need to recover from a previous save version, just rename the file extension to .blend (As I’m sure you’re aware)

1 Like

@ccprince - hey, I just wanted to say I like that you used a person in your piece. It seems unintuitive because… Where did they come from?

Let me explain - we have a microcosm, a world with blue walls and desks. It is known and we can imagine someone living there. So, someone can exist in this world and they walk out - good enough. However, we can’t imagine someone existing in the empty orthogonal void beyond the apartment’s borders, so someone walking in - precisely if we can’t see them, opens up the other question. I wanted to share this little twist of perspective.