Challenge #928 "Vaporwave" (02/04/21) Entries CLOSED

“Classic”

This is pure render 256 samples.

11 Likes

PURE “vw64”

10 Likes

Sun city

Used Blender 2.92 to create this and rendered with eevee. pure entry.

9 Likes

Synthesis

Pure entry, 1000 samples.

4 Likes

I can’t enter this time (because I picked the theme) but I was inspired to make a VHS effect that runs in Eevee.

I’ve put it on BlendSwap in case anyone wants to use it:

4 Likes

“All In”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + denoising), Blender 2.93.0 Alpha

9 Likes

Actually, you can post a non-competing entry if you want.

1 Like

“F U ∩ ꓘ”
Pure, cycles. (Noise was added in photoshop.)

3 Likes

…it needed more glare. Tried some post processing also.
(Could not update last post so had to delete it :cry:)

Pure, cycles 128 samples. No-denoising.

2 Likes

“Hotline”
256 Samples - Cycles

I’ll call this one open since I downloaded a transparent png of the logo without which the entry would not be as complete as it is.

Lots of fun was had in the compositing section degrading the image. Lots of sharpening and softening and off setting RGB channels to help kill it. Overall it’s a bit more 80’s than the definition of Vaporwave, but I think the aesthetic is close enough.

I was also going to render it in 640x480 but I went up one multiple of two so that we can actually view the image :wink:

On a personal note, this was another great little project to help with clean modelling techniques. All quads (except for one section at the back), no use of HopsCutter either. I wanted to figure out the cuts, groves, and triple edges myself before adding some subdiv. I’m slowly getting better at figuring out the shapes needed and where and when to add poles to end edge loops. Delighted to be back in the Weekend Challenge after a long time out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey y’all :relaxed:,

I call this one, “Dragon’s Day Out (Over Vaporwave City)”

Submission Detail: Pure. Evee Render. Camera depth of field. Foreground dragon tail was sculpted in blender.

Image Description: A dragon (shadow on the road and tail in the foreground) flying over the vaporwave city on a bright sunny day. There’s a fuchsia Mountain as well. :blush:

2 Likes

Pure entry. Everything done in Blender (Eevee + Comp) except the decals for the tape machine (ps)
first entry here, hope i got the spirit of “vaporwave”.
thank you for the fun!

6 Likes

There are probably some burn marks on my scalp

This is my first coding in Blender (and Python). Rn I’m finding a way to add group nodes to the tree with correct values using the script

3 Likes

“Cloud Twister”
Pure
Went for a wave spiraling into vapor

This one is a bit messy, I spent a lot of time rendering fluid simulations but the final piece doesn’t really live up to my expectations. I had to just paint over the clouds with the Blender image editor to get it to look remotely “twistery”. Still, I still learned a lot and had fun making it.

5 Likes

The Kiss

(pure, cycles, 512 samples)

Hi!
I’m a constant visitor and observer of the weekend challenge but this is my first entry here.
The easter hollyday gave me finally the time to finish a project.

1 Like

“Night Drive”
Pure

6 Likes

Like a penguin once said: Smile and wave vote:

Really coo!

1 Like

Thanks man.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I thought I share the final final version with you:
(pure, non competing anymore, Cycles, 2048 Samples, Blender 2.82)

There are things I couldn’t do in one weekend like texturing the feet or taking a second look at it after 2 days :grin:
Painting the foot texture and gettings the toes right was important for me as it tells the story. But there were plenty of other things which needed tweaking as well :wink:

3 Likes