• zeroskilz
  • MayhemTilda
  • iderdown
  • DG_CG
  • Tachtian
  • david.speer
  • Nitram_2000

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Apr 7, 2021 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20210412-wc

Pure Entries

Millani: Suzannewave

KickAir_8P: Suzanne - Vaporwave Glow

Space-G: Recalling Temptation

toashby: Jazz

rigoletto: Power Flower

3dnotguru: vw64

AravindCG: Sun city

fcharr: Synthesis

object: Classic

linuus: F U ∩ ꓘ

zeroskilz: vaporwaveismypassion11920×1080 234 KB

MayhemTilda: Dragon’s Day Out (Over Vaporwave City)

iderdown: Vaporwave_Chris Trotter

DG_CG: Cloud Twister

Tachtian: The Kiss

david.speer: Night Drive

Open Entries

Nitram_2000: Hotline

(I’ll call this one open since I downloaded a transparent png of the logo without which the entry would not be as complete as it is.)

Non-competing Entries

Helge: All In

3 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 928 with votes from 35.9% of the voters is… object!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Classic

4 Likes

Congrats object, and thank to the two people who voted for mine! This week my votes went to @rigoletto 's “Power Flower” (something a bit different), @linuus 's “F U n ?” (most people {including me} went with dark glow-style, you took the theme originator’s “Paradise Killer” example to heart), and @Millani 's “Suzannewave” (Suzanne! And a glitch effect, nice perspective lines and colors – perfectly on-theme IMHO).

Lovely entries everybody, I’d like to do one of my comment-for-each posts but I got my second Moderna shot yesterday and I don’t feel well enough for it. Quick shout-out to @zeroskilz 's “vaporwaveismypassion11920×1080 234 KB” (Suzanne! Excellent parody, but it {by necessity} takes enough from pre-existing graphics that I’m not comfortable it was called Pure. If you’d called it Open I’d’ve voted for it).

3 Likes

I voted for @object, @david.speer and @Nitram_2000.

Classic was… well… classic. Hits all the right notes.

Night Drive reminds me of retro video games and how fun it was when they started to become 3D. Was a little different but still managed to get the theme in there.

Hotline just looks real! It looks like a real advert using 3D neon gfx like in the 80s with a real phone model (courtesy of modern 3d gfx). Good idea.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The error-box is the only image-plane in the scene (screen-grabbed from a old win95 stackoverflow post) and everything else is new and composited in blender… Thought that qualified as pure given the above description… my bad.

Well done everyone else!

1 Like

missed everything…
but only Nitram_2000 did it on the topic

I guess off topic can win then. Good thing because I often go off topic.
This was one that I didn’t know at all. I didn’t enter either.

Edit: I did vote for Nitram tho

I didn’t even have time to vote +)