Challenge #936 "scarlet" (28/05/21) Entries CLOSED

OK, if you don’t feel it is finished enough. I kind of overlooked the missing part beneath the cockpit! The eye fills in based on major shapes from the gestalt.

The lack of textures gives it kind of an anime feel.

1 Like

Thanks! And you are right about the plant on the right. I’d call it a 4:26 AM addition - it had to be quick. :wink:

I agree with @Boder. This may not be finished but it looks great, already!

2 Likes

This is really nice. The one thing I would say is to make the Scarlet Red come through more in the final render.

I feel like I’m in a museum! :grin:

1 Like

I’m hoping someone can explain to me their interpretation of “Midnight Snack”. I’ve been trying to figure out the story/ what I am looking at. Don’t get me wrong, I like the image, quite a bit.

Thanks, about depp of field unfortunately I had’t enough time to work about it. Busy Weekend as always :wink:

1 Like

I wanted to put a vampire arm coming out of the sarcophagus that would make the story a little more obvious… Was going for like old school dracula pulp heavy shadow / light like look. I struggled with the lighting and composition so much that I never really got there.

1 Like

I really like the gold material, the blood material, the lighting and the white/gold color scheme.

I thought maybe a giant block / trap fell from the ceiling and crushed someone, like there was a relic in the basement and someone like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft was trying to take it but the booby trap got them. :laughing:

… but that wouldn’t be a snack, right?!

I tried like hell to get the lighting to look like lightning at night, but its really hard to sell lightning without seeing sky. I am going to keep banging on it and put it in Finished Projects. But at the time I had killed the bulk of the weekend on it and wanted to have something finished.

The closest I could get involved de-saturating the hell out of it and just blowing out all the details which kind of ruined the other parts and colors. So was trying to find a compromise

1 Like

That sounds like a challenge! I guess they don’t call it Weekend Challenge for nothing. Some ideas are quite hard to do in 3D.

The best lightning effect has to be animated. Even if it was just like 1–3 seconds

And now, red queens and kings, let’s get some voting done:

You have ants on the roof?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are everywhere in my house.

Maybe make some little detour signs in blender, 3d print them and plug them around your house then. :slight_smile:
Serously my sister planted some herbage in the garden and it helps. Didnt know which but she tell me it works.

1 Like