Challenge #936 "scarlet" (28/05/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #936 for Friday 28th of May 2021 is:

scarlet

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 31, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: red

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

It was Scarlet with the Pistol in the Kitchen!!!

Pure
Used Cycles with a denoiser. Blender 3.0 Alpha.
When I saw Scarlet the first thing that came to mind was the board game Clue.

7 Likes

Tiles

Open, EEVEE.

6 Likes

Nice. And the ants have a cameo, I see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weekly Supply

Pure, Eevee

4 Likes

Pure entry, cycles 60. Post comp in blender.

felt an abstract worked for this theme.

5 Likes

“Scarlett”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 samples + denoising), Blender 2.93 beta

7 Likes

Title: Scarlet.

Pure: Eevee.

6 Likes

Lady

Open entry, 1000 samples. The model was taken from Anime :: Girl Power (franciscocharrua.com), I tried to give her an air of maturity, may have overdone it.

Midnight Snack

Pure Cycles and heavy use of blender compositor to go more comic illustration

5 Likes

The scarlet was here!

Open Cycles 512

5 Likes

Scarlet Sky

Pure - I used JSplacement for the texture on the flying platforms, but everything else is Blender. The green lighting is caused by atmospheric absorption - the sun is actually the same colour as earth’s sun.

I originally created this scene as a test for building a realistic volumetric atmosphere, with the absorption colour opposite to the scattering colour. The first version used earth colours, then I made a couple of variants. When I saw the theme for this weekend I realised it would be a good basis for a picture.

8 Likes

Dancing Scarlet

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Wish I could’ve spent more time on this one, I actually like abstract renders. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Scarlet Abstract
Pure

1 Like

Started late and got too carried away in detailing so couldn’t finish it in time, lol… but here’s a WIP.

Will continue and post the render in the Finished Project section later.

5 Likes

Title: introspection

pure

Scarlet … smell of beauty

Pure, Cycles

6 Likes

Nice realism. all the items seem lined up at the same Z distance from the camera and so there could maybe be more sense of depth.

Nice background. Good storytelling. I think the little plant at right looks weird although I understand why it has to be there. The little pop of color w/ the flower is pro!

Not sure if you missed the explanation, but it’s not meant as an entry. Still lacks main central body, textures, and whatnot. Will still continue it later as separate project though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like