Challenge #946 "nostalgic" (06/08/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #946 for Friday 6th of August 2021 is:

nostalgic

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 9, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Classic

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Blendagotchi
Pure, cycles, 4096 samples, rendertime ~10min., opendenoiser, all made in blender, textures are renders from 2 other scenes, 1st for the cover, the 2nd for the lcd display, then prepared in gimp. Used opensymbol font for the icons and an hdri image from hdrihaven.com

The chain looks so lonely, so i bring Susanna as friend.

Previous

13 Likes

That’s an absolutely awesome idea! Love the blender-themed twist

Mac n’ Cheese
Hope this counts as nostalgic! Eevee, 100% blender, wood is a modified version of one from ambientCG, no compositing.
Pure

5 Likes

Thanks, i did not want to use existing tamagotchi themes and create something new feel to much work so i throw 2 simple render scenes in.

Also i thought as i create the chain appends, might be funny to animate the arrow on the lcd, just blinking, but iam so lazy today.

Cassette and pencil
Pure entry

11 Likes

Years gone by

Pure Entry
Cycles 1600 samples with some denoising thrown in. It was kinda nice looking back at the previous milestone versions of Blender and how far it has come.

5 Likes

“The Old Days”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + NLM denoiser), Blender 2.93.1

8 Likes

@deltaray You get a +1 for adding in the pencil… :wink: very handy tool of the trade.

1 Like

I miss seeing cassette and 8-track tape stretched along roads and tangled in bushes.

2 Likes

Nice. I saw a VHS tape once. BTW, if you search for “cassette tapes on the side of the road” you’ll find some amusing stories and pictures. Nice trip down nostalgia highway.

“Disco, Disco”
non-competing

Eevee

3 Likes

Blénd-Balls

Open, Blender 2.93, Cycles

I’ve seen rigoletto’s Blendagotchi and remembered the pokéballs that I made a few months ago. I reused the model and put some blender-nostalgia inside: Suzanne, the default cube and a donut!

4 Likes

Those Were the Days

I’m keeping the original version on all my social media, this one is exclusively made for the challenge.

Open entry: 1000 samples

The toons were taken from Do Not Stop Me Now :: Supersonic Woman (franciscocharrua.com), and In the Shadows :: Underneath a Gas Lamp (franciscocharrua.com). The set was taken from Ancient Ones :: Metal Gods (franciscocharrua.com). A few other assets were taken from scenes that I’m too lazy to mention :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pipes Screensaver

Non-competing (pure). Pipes were made with a python script to make them more authentic :upside_down_face:

Anyone remember this screensaver from windows?
I used to love those screensavers as a kid. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I revised my entry to be more interesting.

“Tape Hand”
Pure, Cycles, 3000 samples

7 Likes

Pure Entry
If you ever went to school then these times are the most nostalgic …

3 Likes

Old is gold

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles

Note - For the water illusion followed this tutorial from youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtlSIRh5r_E)

Thank you :heart:

You Can’t Go Home Again

pure, cycles. comp in blender.

3 Likes

Pure. I made this in Blender loosely following a Polygon Runway tutorial. Rendered with cycles. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

6 Likes