Challenge #971 "Size matters - up- and downscaling, micro and macro" (28/01/22) Entries CLOSED

I guess this is called “Some Painting Required”.

This is pure - I did everything in Blender. I’m just past the Donut stage and having fun exploring the software.

15 Likes

“Arrivée à Paris”

non competing (pure), Cycles (2 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0.1

12 Likes

Non competing " Jack and the beanstalk"

3 Likes

well, I was wanted to make a little creature, but I don’t think this is recognizable, maybe we can’t see good enough the arms…

i knew it. xD

Did you try sticking some little googly eyes on the little guy?

It is an easy way to get some life into everything. (Trust me, I’ve done that a LOT… ;-))

3 Likes

Ant Power
Open, cycles 2048 samples, rendertime < 3min., reused parts of the ant from previous Challenges, the rest is made in blender, the sizes are mostly real, the ant is <10cm and the frontloader ~4m high. Used a high Depth of Field of 48 to get the frontloader a bit blurry.

Added a bumpy text on the tires, made in gimp, and tweaked the floor.

Previous

11 Likes

Reminds to the super mario worlds where literally everything had eyes. Imagine mountains just walking around

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I see the idea, and thought about doing that, but I wanted to have more of a realistic look
so I put the yes on his side facing the shoe, but from this point of view, we couldn’t see them good enough, and it was a bit weird looking, so I just get rid of them :confused:

‘Tethered’
Pure
Hello! I’m super new to blender so this is my first time entering. I thought this would be a great way to learn and progress quickly. I wanted to take this way further and have a character or something sat on the branch in the foreground but I’m not at that level of modelling yet and ran out of time.

I’m pretty pleased with this as one of my first renders but I’ve definitely got a long way to go!

15 Likes

Vine glass in a vine glass and a vine glass with blossoming vine glasses in them, as well as a vine glass with a pair of freshly baked vine glasses in it on a vine glass

Pure entry
The only base 3d model used in this image is a basic vine glass, scaled in x, y, z directions and given different materials. Only exceptions are fluid sim domains.
Screenshot 2022-01-30 221413

4 Likes

“I See You”

Pure entry, all procedural materials.
Since size matters, the scaling for each instance is 0.2, and the resolution the mesh was lowered for each smaller instance as well, so that’s scaling in multiple ways.

It took about a half hour to model, and 4 hours to render…

9 Likes

Pure, “The Proteus is Lost!”, topic made me think of Fantastic Voyage.

7 Likes

Rubber Ducky

Pure

13 Likes

King for a Day… Kitty for a Lifetime

Pure, Cycles. Everything was made from scratch for this challenge. I made the lion shadow in Inkscape.

9 Likes

Once again so many good and funny posts. This will be a hard and difficult decision in the voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Little Buddies’

Open

The two characters are from Splatoon 2 and I downloaded them from The Models Resource. Both of the models and the materials were tweaked to look better in Blender, and I posed them manually.

The Suzanne graffiti is made from and old render experimenting with the grease pencil, and the rainbow cube thingy on the trash can is also a repurposed old render. I manually remade the squid stickers but they are copied from the game.

To make up for using pre-made assets, I modeled and procedurally textured everything else specifically for this render. I really like how it came together and hope you do too. :slight_smile:

Plz SpoOn 3 Nintendo THx

3 Likes

Macro photograph of some dew drops on a flower meadow

Non-Competing

Fun with Lens effects and Geo-Nodes / Blender 3 / Cycles

7 Likes

Matroska
No time to finish hah!
Non competing :slight_smile:

4 Likes