Chamaeleonidae

Hello everyone! Here I am again with Blender. I made this scene looking a real style. I picked some reference about differents Chameleon to create the texture. I did the light looking for a rimlight but without lose the main light. I took some PNG plants to get my scene more pleasant. When my render was finish, I put everything in Nuke. There, I did a color correction, I put more plants in front of the camera with blur and finally a lend distortion. Let me your opinion.
I hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day.

11 Likes

I have a question about your color grading workflow… I see you use a color checker, I assume to set the white balance for the hdri lighting, right? Whenever I use an hdri during the texturing phase, I typically set it to black and white, or just a lower saturation (0.5 or below), in order to avoid the unnaturally saturated look you get from the raw hdri. What I’m wondering is… since the white balance in the hdri is already calibrated, doesn’t this mess with the colors? Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of the color checker?
(The chameleon looks great by the way…)

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!