Change color of selected edges Blender

Anyone know of any free script or addon that enables you change color of selected edges, such that you can have edges with different colors on a mesh?

Hi there! AFAIK you can change the colours in the editor, also the fonts, and so on, in the settings.
So a selected edge can be whatever colour you want, but all of them will be the new one.

Thats the problem. only those selected edges should be a particular color, I have been using the forgotten tools selection sets:

It would have been great if we can assign colors to the selection sets for edges but unfortunately the talented dev seems to have stopped development of the addon. Maybe another kind dev can fork it and add it? Its a great addon and my immense thanks to the dev for making this available for others to use :slightly_smiling_face:

This is something we should have natively in Blender tbh.

I am not sure what the exact plan is, but you may save “selection groups” as vertex groups. So, if your final aim is to get help separating certain parts of your mesh tobselect more easily, it might be an alternative.

I need to create edge selection sets using a number of other edge selection sets as reference to create them. Modifying or changing edge selection sets color or just changing edge color makes this easier.
With vertex groups, that is not possible.

Yes, unfortunately. But it can be one way to make at least selection easier, but I am not sure about the exact plan. Anyways, I hope there will be a solution eventually :blush: