Change default Armature's "Viewport Display"

Hi,
is there any way to change Armature’s default settings to "In Front + Display As Wire (Object Properties) + Display As B-Bone (Object Data Properties)?

Right now I see no other way than making special blendfile with basic Armature object that is set as described above and appending where I need it.

Thanks.

Hello;

This repetitive condition can be slightly annoying indeed.

The main problem I see is that the Armatures, with their settings are individual Objects, and so they do not relate, as a whole Property, to a previously saved Startup file, except Armature Object(s) which woulbe be already existing in a Scene within the Startup file.

Some settings, I guess you already know, can be customized (and saved) in the Preferences < Edit Menu < Topbar, so that they will apply as a whole to all the Objects of a same category or the UI. Unfortunately, I think such Armature Object settings are not present by default; I’ve checked.

Maybe, achievable through Scripting, an Addon, or a feature request in Blender.Community’s Right-Click Select…

Respectively, Copy Data Path and Copy Full Data Path, will grab these following Properties data, first for In Front, then for Display Type; maybe this offers some insight:

show_in_front
bpy.data.objects[“Cube”].show_in_front

display_type
bpy.data.objects[“Cube”].display_type

1 Like