Change multiple value fields simultaneously while maintaining ratio

I can’t seem to find this in the manual or a quick google search, so I’m posting here. Really, this is an incredibly simple thing, so I’m frustrated that I can’t figure it out.

I know how to edit multiple values at once if I want them all to be equal, but not how to maintain their ratio.

And I know I can apply multiplication to a value, so I could multiply each individually by 2 right in the field. But again, I want to do this all at once to all fields. This is quite easy in Modo, so I’m assuming there’s a way in Blender.

Never heard about it.

As far as I know there is no such option by default. But you can create almost anything with drivers.
Here I added drivers for scales which is driven by a custom property I named “Ratio”: drivers_ratio.blend (674.4 KB)

drivers_scale

Settings at the driven property will vary depending on what you’re trying to achieve.

The default way is quite easy:
Hover over the first Input field, click and hold, drag down to the last input field, move mouse [left ↔ right] to change values uniformly. Now you can also use [ctrl] to snap to integers or [shift] to make smaller changes.
After you obtained desired value, release mousebutton.

ratio2

2 Likes

Oh! I incorrectly assumed that the ‘hold and drag down and across’ method did not maintain the ratio. I tried again and it definitely does. So that’s good, but it still doesn’t allow me to input an exact number into the top field and have the other fields change according to the existing ratio.

So is a driver really my only option? I right-clicked on the output resolution fields and I didn’t see the Add Driver option.

Didn’t know such option exist, thanks!

Hmm, I don’t know if that’s a bug or a limitation for that field. Sorry, I’m out of options :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not related to the propotional value adjustment question, but here is another trick with the value boxes. You can also copy and paste values easily. Just Ctrl-C on a value box (no click required) and Ctrl-v to paste (no click required) it in another box. It works for colors too.

No, only in 0.1 steps if you hold down [ctrl+shift]. :frowning:

You are welcome! :slight_smile: