Change properties for multiple objects at once?

Is there a way to change the properties for multiple objects at once? I have scene with about 10 light sources in it and I want to change the “energy” of all those lights at once, just to save some time. Is it possible to do?

I dont think there is a way in blender to multiple change but I saw a script somewhere that let you do it. Check in the python section

You could make linked duplicates of one light and then you’d be able to change the energy of them all by changing the energy of one. This would require you to delete all lights except one, in object mode hit alt-d, place the light, alt-d, place the light etc.

Ctrl-C copies the attributes of the active object to all the others that are selected.

Shft-RMB select all the objects you want the attribute copied to and select the on you want it copied from last so it’s Active (light pink)

%<

doesnt work on materials…

Hi flight

that crtl c doesnt copy the light energy for me.
it would be great if blender could include the driven keys from maya.

however if you select lights and the one you want to copie from you can go to object>make links> you can select the light settings.

this will turn the make the other lights share the same light data. you can later select few light and exclude them again.

denshidan

the same works for textures as well.

but this are links to the complet data block and not a copy of one element of the data block.

Yes, sorry. It should be Ctrl-L.

%<

it doesnt realy copy the attributes it rather links the objects to the selected data block of the last selected object. that is important to know cause a change in one objects data block will affect all other objects as well.

kinda like driven keys i realize :wink: