Changing how loops apear?

This was just a test, well but come on!! Seriously what would be the best way to change how loops apear? Or for example fix those issues as a loop apears as only one/two edges. How to expand them/join them with another edge? Thanks!

Since loops follow your topology, if you want to change where they appear, change your topology. There is no ‘issue’ with loops appearing as only one or two edges that needs fixing. Loops run through quad faces. No quad faces, no loop. That isn’t a Blender coding choice, that’s topological mathematics.

That was already useful! How about this test still. What would be the best way to remesh it? Thanks

Look for tutorials on “retopology” or “retopo”. That is Blender’s go-to solution to making a new topology on top of an object. You’ll be using the snap function (the magnet icon in the 3D Viewport header), and maybe the shrinkwrap modifier.

One of the fun (and very usefull for some cases) use of the Decimate modifier in Unsubdivide mode is to rotate the whole loops when the iteration is set to an odd number

Bye example :
You have your model
http://i.imgur.com/iwdKovP.jpg

Go to object mode and add a Subdivision Surface modifier to it , keep the default setting of it ( View : 1 for the level of subdivision) and Apply that modifier
http://i.imgur.com/05HqRcj.jpg

Now add a Decimate modifier , set its mode to “Unsubdivide” and set the amount of Iteration to 1, then Apply that modifier
http://i.imgur.com/OilTMOq.jpg

Result
http://i.imgur.com/4gH8Fbi.jpg

Try this: alt click on an edge loop to select all of it. Then x to bring up the delete list and select edge loop (near the end of the list). Repeat on every other loop to thin out your model. Sometimes this does not work when you pick more than one loop but sometimes it does.

In edge mode you can also select ‘edge rings’ by clicking on the ‘rungs’ connecting two edge loops. select several such rings and hit x then edge collapse.

Lastly, you may have given yourself all those edge loops in a single ctrl R (add edge loop) operation in which case you may be able to hit F6 and reduce the number of loops immediately.

Edit: I looked at your picture in detail and I see you are in the middle of a ctrl R add edge loop operation. The wheel increases and reduces the number of loops being proposed. You are getting what looks like a lot of loops but may actually be one very long loop because your geometry is ‘continuous’ so the loop keeps running around without finding a terminator or itself, is that what you mean? Otherwise see above.

Edit: Sanctuary, great tip. Gotta try that soon.

That’s very usefull! Yet I’m not sure how will it work with other objects.

I know about this but still it’s hard to “tell” the edge loop where to go.

Indeed it is.

Three things might help: use the grease pencil to sketch out where you want the loops to go; set up different color materials and assign loops a color, so it’s easier to see them; practice with grids or subdivided cylinders.

When you are telling loops where to go, look at the vertices with more or less than four edges coming from them. These are called poles, and loops turn or end when they come to poles.

Well
@Sanctuary
You gave me an idea.
Decimation+select edge loops+convert to curves/bevel(I mean depth, under curves properties)/curves to mesh/select loops again/ etc etc

In the new experimental build there’s such thing as wireframe modifier. It’s usefull and I think you could use it for such creations. BTW nice work!

No wireframe modifier.
It can’t work on simple paths.
Converting a path to a curve is much more advanced.

This is wireframe modifier.
It took 8 minutes because of my freaking slow processor and my GPU (GTX 560 Ti) Couldn’t handle 1200000 verts.

I meant that it can produce the simillar render as you’ve shown.

OK, this is another way,
Many ways in blender.
But seriously, try the curves way, it is really more advanced.

Either it’s just my experimental build but how to convert to curves? (I feel stupid) -_-

to convert mesh to curve and vice-versa, in Object mode select the object and press ALT+C (or click on the menu Object -> Convert To)

And…
You are not stupid.

Well that’s the thing I’ve tried and it doesn’t work in experimental build.