Chapel Courtyard

Hey there,

After some time i finally managed to finish something i started. took quite a while until now, but im happy with the result. Modelling is quite simple, but im happy how the texturing turned out, even it does have some flaws. Textures mostly from ambientCG. Since they ask kindly to mention it, i do, for they have alot of amazing textures in incredible resolution available for use.

The basic idea came from a chapel in “Bad Salzig”, a small town in northrhine-westphalia, germany.
i Spent there a couple of weeks a while ago and this kinda was my cosy place to come down, because its been mostly lonely there and a place to be by myself.

If course i added alot. The original chapel is in way better conditon, but the gates, windows, the brickwall on the right are like they’re there. The Angel-Statue is added by myself. Im fine with how it turned out, because i just welded together a human-like thing with metaobject and let the cloth-modifier do the rest.

Anyways, hope you like it.
Cycles, about 2h Rendertime in 4k on RTX2070S ( The Volume added like 90% of the Rendertime, but i think its worth it. Could let that part be done with eevee, i know. )

Enjoy!

70 Likes

Congrats. :+1:

1 Like

beautiful! :clap:

1 Like

Looks so good, I want to play it as a Tomb Raider or Far Cry game or so :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! The textures are great and I really like the light across the scene. Also - the flowers are perfect for this scene. Great work!

1 Like

This looks fantastic! Amazing detail! Sent you a DM :slightly_smiling_face:

wow, this looks amazing. Great choice in the positioning of the sunlight