Character Design And Proportions

I’m working on a character that has earth based powers. The style I’m going for is similar to Warframe’s art style but more stylized. I wanted him to look rough and intimidating, like something you’d see in the woods at night. I’m still unsure if I like how the arms look. So I might scrap the entire idea for the arms. I just want to see what other people’s thoughts are on the character and if it’s proportions look good.

Hello, you are making good progress. The one thing that stands out to me proportion wise are the arms. I believe they should be longer. That is hard to tell though considering the hands arent complete yet. But just look at pictures for reference. When the arms are to the character’s sides, where are the tips of the fingers located?
Look at the reference below.
226cd321ec53384a233d883517bc8447
The character’s fingertips are at mid thigh level or even lower. I think the arms should be quite a bit longer. I dont think that requires scrapping the arms though. Maybe simply selecting the hand or forearm and increasing the arms length. It may need a bit more tweaking than just that but I beleive it’s worth salvaging the arms for.

3 Likes

Is this better? I made the arms longer and added hands.

2 Likes

Yes, that is better. One other thing that stands out to me are the legs. The thighs might be to long. :thinking:

That might be because I pulled the front of the thigh down and forward a bit to create a “spike” that goes past the knee.

That might be it. It’s just hard to tell whats under his uniform.

This is what he looks like without anything covering him.

1 Like

Okay, that looks right to me.

1 Like