[Character] Fire Boy

Hi guys,

I need your expertise and a fresh eye! :slight_smile:
Based on the amazing concept of Gabriel Soares I want to create an amazing 3d model;)

I’m quite happy with what I have so far. There is a bug with the hair length threshold, so they are very even for now.

Also, the shape of hair needs some ironing here and there. Maybe the face needs more color texture?

What do you think? How can I make this better?

10 Likes

First off, I think it’s an amazing character. I love the style. The hair in particlar is great :wink:. and that lip…

One thing that does look odd is the ear shape? Even though it’s obviously not meant to be realistic, it looks slightly off to me. Something also looks odd with the right sleeve where it joins at the top of his shirt? Maybe that’s just the lighting.

But I’m just picking. This is fantastic.

Thank you, appreciate it!

The ears are something I was wondering about. Maybe I’ll try to shape them a bit towards a real ear shape:)

The sleeve - are you talking about the texture? It is a hair system overlapping probably, creating artifacts which were not visible until I rendered. I will try to lower the amount and see if it helps.

I’ve implemented the feedback and added some more:)
This is still a raw render, no post-pro.

Interestingly, final render hair look more dense than the render in viewport. That’s why the thin strokes of hair look like plastic.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Oh, nice, thank you! :slight_smile:

Oh no! You’ve featured work in progress! There is a finished project! :smiley:

I love it! The only thing that stands out to me when I look for feedback are the ears. Something about the right ear (left on the image) looks a bit…“simple?” The lack of detail I think is part of its charm- I wouldn’t add much to it. Maybe defined eyebrows? Also, did you want the hair to be in “strips”? I like how it looks, but I wonder how it would look with more evenly/messy hair.

Oh! Just saw the newer version. Love it! I wouldn’t change anything. Unless you want a different style for the hair, but I would say that’s just a style thing- not necessary for any artistic merit.