Character Head Topology

Should I continue modeling this character with its current topology or should I start over from scratch? I want to be able to animate this character.

Your topology looks pretty good. I would go ahead and try animating with it. If there are issues, you can always go back in and adjust or add some additional loops but your base seems good to me.

make the eyes more sunken in and more eyebrow toward the outer portion.

You can expand from what you have and make edge loops for the muscles, it’s easier to animate then.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415570[/ATTACH]

As Thales Kruger wrote - I would redirect some of the edges from the bridge of the nose to join the flow around the chin - and get rid of the n-gons. This will give more flexibility around the cheek muscles.

Attachments

Thank you guys so much for replying… I did some more research and found a topology that works well for me (though it may have to change depending on the type of head I’m modelling), I used it on this cartoon head below. Whenever I get the time I will fix that head so the edge flows look something similar to the image Thales Kruger posted…

Attachments

Thank you guys so much for replying… I did some more research and found a topology that works well for me (though it may have to change depending on the type of head I’m modelling), I used it on this cartoon head below. Whenever I get the time I will fix that head so the edge flows look something similar to the image Thales Kruger posted…

Attachments