Character redesign - Any improvement or change?

Hello there! :slight_smile:
I’m doing this female character redesign from the game ‘Conker bad fur day’.

Here the view images:

The idea here is not do exactly the same design, I want stylize some aspects of these and reach in something cool.

This is the original character:

Any improvement or change? What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Are you going for reference accuracy or real-world accuracy? You’ve done an excellent job replicating the reference, there are things I would personally change about both the reference and the 3D model for the sake of realism, but again, not sure if that’s what you want.

If it is… (I must say, I feel kind of weird about doing this level of analysis on a anthromorphized animal :sweat_smile: )… the thigh to shin angle is wrong from the front. It’s actually quite difficult to pivot your knees inward like that, doing it for too long will cause you to pass out. You should pivot the knees out by, as a rough eyeball, 10 or 15 degrees. Pivot out like you would open a book, if that makes sense.

The breasts are way too high on the torso, and they’re at an odd angle. You would really have to stick your chest out and up to do that, and you can’t do that while keeping your shoulders and back straight like they are here.

Those are the two main things- other things work with the highly stylized look you’re going for, but there’s simply not a way for the human body to deform like you’ve got the torso currently, and she would pass out in 2-3 minutes standing like that.

3 Likes

Add fur to the body - either with hair curves or hair cards… or at least add some fur shader.

2 Likes