Cheap animation for pickups

Hi all!

I am animateing some things to pick up in mu game…

For the looks I want them to constantly rotate on the Z axis…

What is lease expensive to the CPU?:

1. Make logic block for the pickup mesh, and add an always-AND-motion rotate  local z +.001

2. Make the pickup mesh have a spinning IPO ~10-30 frames

3. parent the pickup mesh to an armature bone, and have an always playing action..

thanks for any help…
there will be from 1 to 12 of thease pickups on the screen at the same time, so I want the most efficent way possible of doing it…

maybe we need a " What is lease expensive to the CPU?"-thread? there are some of these I would like to ask (can’t remember them atm:S)

This is a guess on my part, but I would say the armature. I say that because, if you parent something to an armature, you’ll find it isn’t really spinning as far as the game engine is concerned, so it’s not doing any of the physics things that an ipo would do. If you can actually do readouts, which I can’t do on my system. This would be a fun test. Just make a whole bunch of copies of each one and see which one slows the engine the most.

Yeah, I’d say a stress test would be the easiest way to find the answer. I can think of reasons that each option might be faster, so just run about 100 to 500 (depending on your machine) rotating objects on screen at once and write down the frame rates for each option. Make sure to test each option several times and record the average. I’d be interested to know what you find.