Checkering Rendering Error

*Let this be prefaced that I am a new user to this software and may be unaware with what may seem to be basic concepts

So, I made a quick model of a bear guy cause I wanted to test the rendering and materials features, as well as play with lighting a bit. However when I would go to render the scene I would get one object that would not render properly (see image) This was strange to me as this only began occurring after I had relaunched the software to work on the project after a quick break.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! It isint a super huge issue, just really annoying. Sorry if I left out any details that might be important to resolving this issue.

Check for any overlapping/duplicate geometry

Sorry if I left out any details that might be important to resolving this issue.
A demo blend file that demonstrates the problem. This should be supplied for every support question as the very minimum.

Hi, it looks like the head is two mesh, one over the other.
Select it and move it to another layer with “m” key, then delete one.

Cheers, mib

Thank you for the quick reply! You are amazing.

I got it to work, I thought I checked for that but apparently there was like twenty of the objects I used for the head stacked. Who knows how that happened.
Thanks again!

Is there a way to set this thread as solved or resolved?

I must say I am blown away by how quickly responses came in and how useful they were. Thank you again