Cherry

I had some time in between freelance projects to work on something just for fun, so I thought I would practice some character rendering!

I’ve been playing “Chuchel” with my daughter and I’ve just fallen in love with the whimsy of the character and the world he inhabits. I figured it would be a fun challenge to take a day and translate all that personality into 3D! (In reality, it took me a little more than a day to do the final touches, but the bulk of it was done during a single work session).

I also wanted to keep pushing my rigging abilities so I created a simple one for him and Kekel (the character in the background). It’s kind of messy, with no custom bone shapes and some things like his teeth not working exactly how I had hoped, so I may go back to it and refine it further if I ever decide to animate him. Still, I learned a lot by trying it out!

This was also a great opportunity to try out the Crafty Asset Pack I had recently purchased. It saved a lot of time with creating a nice starting point for materials and the hair, and I highly recommend it!

Chuchel Rig

14 Likes

This is delightfully cute!! :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

1 Like