Chess-Like Game

Hello. I’m new at Blender, but I’m watching some tutorials. But the thing is…

I have to do a chess like game for a school work and I really don’t know what I must know or anything, it must be done using Blender…

Could you please put me in the right direction?
I have to do the user interfase and I haven’t found a tutorial about doing that…

I’m not asking you to do my homework… I just need to be in the right direction.

Thanks for your time, and sorry for my English

Creating a chess game is one of the hardest things to do. Your opponent has to function like an actual person and calculate multiple moves and create strategies. Are you trying to make an actual chess game , or just a 2D game? There is a massive difference.

If you want to learn how to make game menus, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube. Just search for “blender game menu tutorial”.

As for making the game itself, hamstaq is right. Unless you’re just making it player vs player rather than player vs computer, making a decent chess AI will probably prove to be rather challenging. If you’re really set on making a chess game, I would suggest looking up how chess AI is programmed or maybe even finding an open source python implementation that you can use (if you’re allowed to do that for your homework).

Is that hard? :S
I was thinking in making the game for 2 players, that would be easier than creating an AI thing…
And it is 3D… Should be easier in 2D? I’m just an starter and I really don’t know about Blender >_<

Thanks for that, I didn’t know how to look for that.
About the AI… I think that won’t be a problem if I use an existing code for the AI, but first I wanna try do the game for 2 players, kinda short of time u.u