I entered the BlenderGuru Christmas competition for the first time this year, and it was quite fun…I haven’t entered any contests in a LOONG time. In any case, I was pleased with my image overall but I saw that the quality of the winners was a definite step (or more) above my own…but I’m not entirely sure what I could have done to raise the level of my entry.
Here are some of my ideas:
- Story of the image isn’t clear, or is just not dramatic enough.
- Lighting is uninspired (I think the AO is cranked up too high so it flattens the lighting).
- Maybe Depth-of-field would focus the image more?
- Some objects don’t have enough detail (cushions, for instance).
- Camera angle is not chosen correctly?
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!