chrome balls

Been ahile since I posted anything new, but it finally happened I had to try out Yafray. Thanks to H@dj’s tute the setting up and learning basics was easy. So three days messing around learning and I decided to get a chrome look. (steel ball type chrome). Here is that test.

http://hstrial-jgray1.homestead.com/files/balls_T.jpg

I’m impressed with Yafray, Yable, Yafray GUI, all making this an easy to use and fast improving renderer. Well done to all that put it together.
The sunsky plug-in along with the different lighting set-ups available give you colors that apeal to my artistic side.
Paradox

Yay!

Happy to see some artwork from you again :slight_smile:

And to see you are trying YafRay too.

Tips:

1 - RayDepth. With so many internal reflections the default value of 5 could be too low, try 10 or more, I’d bet you will get rid of those black areas between the spheres.

2 - The plane is… square :slight_smile: I can see the corners, maybe a disc?

Keep tit up!

Stefano

Thanks for the tip re: ray depth, I’ll try that for sure. Yes I’m aware I should of used a circle. Using a plane shows up on the balls more bent as go up and more can see corners of plane behind camera - whoops. Still having fun. Been busy lately so will be posting more soon.
Paradox

balls of steel.

.b

perve :stuck_out_tongue:

cool!
I love shiny reflective sphere!
The one crit I have is that the spheres don’t seem to be resting on each oher.
It takes away from the feeling of weight you should get with balls of steel.

I need to jump back on the yafray wagon!

Thanks for the comment phrangkk, about the crit, I agree with you, not quite lined up, kind of looks like a couple of the balls are about to take off and fly away. So maybe instead of steel balls I have some anti gravity balls mixed in :wink: .
Paradox

Naa…

they are magnetized and you have magnetic repulsion :slight_smile:

Stefano