Church

Basing this model off a church in my home town (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

The model isn’t completely accurate, I used the reference as a guideline and tried to stick with the motif

4 Likes

You’ve done a very good job with your normals so far! I don’t see any flipped normals or weird points with shading, and that is often hard to do with shapes involving a lot of insetting and extrusion (as yours look like they do.) Looks good!

1 Like

Thanks mate! I’ve been paying as close attention as I can. With all the minor adjustments it’s somewhat easy to lose track of things lol

UPDATE:

1 Like

Could you provide the name of the church, and a wireframe? Looks like a really clean model

1 Like

This is the original building. I fixed the perspective later in photoshop.

I didn’t keep many of the details identical to the reference, just tried to keep things balanced. That way worst case scenario I can alter things once I’m done blocking out some meshes

UPDATE:

3 Likes

wow, this is truly beautiful so far. I’m VERY excited to see the final result!

1 Like

Thank you all for the support!
I decided to dust off the project. I’m back after a short hiatus.

UPDATE: Almost done with the meshes for the church. I also plan on making a very basic environment for the scene as well.

The model:

This is a quick mock up of how I’d like the finished scene to look: (Pardon the resolution)

I plan on texturing it using procedurals and making a short animation once I’m done.

1 Like

I’d say the model is about 90% complete.
I plan on making procedural textures using nodes next