Cigarette smoke

@RSEhlers

@MI65

Thank You all very much for Your help. Your hints were very helpful. In the end, I made a more or less similar cloud of cigarette smoke in blender simulation (to make shape I used force and turbulence with strength 0,1, I attached some screenshots).

After the smoke cloud was ready, I created the material based on the material from video You link in the previous post (mantaflow steam tutorial). And for now it looks quite alike cigarette smoke… I can’t say it’s perfect but it’s not bad and already something… I will play some more and maybe I will achive more realistic result

Thanx a lot to all for Your help and responsiveness!

1 Like

Looks pretty good, but I reckon you must have saved that screenshot out with too few colors, somekind of compression becaus the density looks very bad, so I´ll bet it looks better as it really are.

The tricky part is anyway as always to get very sharp edges of the smoke and then a thin density shading.

And as I said before, find the right frame where it looks good, copy that vdb frame and paste and rename as single frame 20 or whatever the frame number is and reload that so you can orbit around a “static” single frame of the smoke.

1 Like